Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Net Interview details?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guru

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Net Interview details? Reply with quote

I know it's already over but i'd like info for next year.

What date did you have the interview on? What day was it? Did you only have 1 interview? What date did thet tell you that you will have the interview? What date did they tell you you got the job?

also, for those in Oz, what cities did they conduct the interview in? did anyone get a phone interview?

Thanks a lot if you can fill me in.
jenny-pnet

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 9:09 am    Post subject: timeline for application as HK P-NET Reply with quote

Hi Guru,
I have recently been offered a position as a primary net in Hong Kong. I can share with you the time line involved, but should first mention that things have moved much quicker for the primary nets than the secondaries, so if it is secondary you are after, the timeline will be different.
First, here in Australia where I live (specifically Brisbane) the position was advertised in the Courier Mail newspaper two consecutive weekends in early October. I think from memory it was also advertised a month later, but by that stage I had already applied. I sent my application on November 5th. (The closing date was actually November 29th). For primary, but not secondary, an Australian employment service (Edstaff) was given the job of interviewing. I received a phone call from an Edstaff person (Diana) on Christmas Eve to say I was shortlisted. I had an interview on the Gold Coast on January 14th. Around January 31st I received an email to say I was further shortlisted and so was interviewed for a second time, this time by video conference direct to Hong Kong (from Brisbane.) This interview was mid February. I then received a phone call within a week from Diana to say I had "passed" the interview and a subsequent letter in the post from Diana to confirm this, as well as an email requesting information in relation to my teaching experience in order for my income to be calculated. They already had all the information in my original application. Why they asked for it to be sent again, I do not know. Next was a phone call about 7 pm a couple of weeks later from the principal of the school I am to be employed at. Then finally by email came a conditional offer from Hong Kong (Education and Manpower Bureau) stating the income I would receive along with terms and conditions. I had to sign a contract and fax it back. In the post about a week ago I received more documents including a checklist of things to do and forms to be filled out. And I do believe I am waiting also for an official contract from the school itself.
Is that useful at all?
guru

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile yes. very helpful.

thanks. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: