Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Language School Hours 8-6 or 5-9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tabrege

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Language School Hours 8-6 or 5-9 Reply with quote

I would like to know the typical hours for a language school job in Barcelona. I have a child and will be on a student visa. Looking to work anytime from 8-6. I know some schools have evening classes but with a child in daycare the latest probably will be 6.

Are there language schools with these hours?
Paper_Cat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Language School Hours 8-6 or 5-9 Reply with quote

tabrege wrote:
I would like to know the typical hours for a language school job in Barcelona. I have a child and will be on a student visa. Looking to work anytime from 8-6. I know some schools have evening classes but with a child in daycare the latest probably will be 6.

Are there language schools with these hours?

9-11 and possibly 16-18
SirKirby

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
9-11 and possibly 16-18

I disagree (and would say the average language teaching in Spain is not exactly compatible with having a child).

Typically, Barcelona schools have classes from 8.00am, and not too many in the mornings; a few lunchtimes; and most from 4 on in the afternoon, with classes starting around 6pm being the peak time, and going on to at least 9.00pm, often later (to 10). Some classes are also Saturday am.

To get a "full" time timetable (rarely more than 18 class hours/week in the same place, and more than 24 is pretty much unheard of), you have to be prepared to work hours when you're probably going to want to be with your kid.

To work more than about 12 hours/week only 8 to 6 is probably going to be hard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: