Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visa transfer and visa status clarification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cormac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Visa transfer and visa status clarification Reply with quote

Ok. I'm a bit bemused with a current visa transfer I'm going through at the moment.

I'm in the process of moving from one school to another. I've done it before without any issues, but this time everyone is moving incredibly slow about the paperwork and the need to implement the actual transfer itself.

My understanding is that my visa and foreign experts certificate is tied to the school i work for. When my contract is finished, they say they will cancel my foreign experts cert so that the new school can apply for one, although they say they won't cancel my visa (valid until January).

But if they cancel the teaching certificate and the transfer process hasn't been started, wont my visa automatically be downgraded to a tourist visa? Please tell me I'm wrong, and that they can do it this way without problems for me...

(Although I can't see why the two schools, and the foreign agent the new school has, doesn't just do the transfer rather than finding excuses for the last two months)
johntpartee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your visa was for all practical purposes "cancelled" when you entered China. Your resident permit allows you to remain here. If the resident permit is renewed before the old one expires, you're okay.
bestteacher2012

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you starting at the new school in September? New school is probably in no hurry and taking their time because you still have 5 months left on your current residence permit.
GreatApe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ cormac ...

I just went through this myself.

Your old school can cancel your F.E.C. online! You should have them do that as soon as possible, but you will still need a hardcopy of the documentation forms signed and stamped by your boss at the old school too. As far as I know, there are only TWO forms that you need signed and stamped from your old school.

Take the two signed and stamped documents from your old school to your FAO at your new school and he/she can file them at the PSB along with the documents from your new school/job (Passport, Employment contract, Health Check documents, etc.).

That's all that I did when I changed jobs and schools. For the record, my old school and my new school are both in the same province.

Hope this helps!

--GA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: