Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gibraltar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james ludwick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Gibraltar Reply with quote

Hello I m just wondering if anybody has taught ESL in Gibraltar and where I could get a list of language schools there.If anyone has feedback about the ESL scene,opportunities and general employment situation in Gib I d love to hear from you. Thanks
GF

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else noticed that whenever there is a flare-up somewhere in the world, someone suddenly feels compelled to teach English there?
Mike_2007

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only natural I suppose. If the Spanish do snatch it back, I guess they'll be some good ESP opportunities. English for Conquering Force 101 anyone?
amisexy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine there is much (if any) work in Gibraltar. Most locals will speak fluent English, and all of the schools in the territory use English as their language of instruction.
The Gibraltarian state education system closely follows the English system. If you wish to work in a state school you need UK QTS status.

Even if there were TEFL schools based in Gibraltar, you almost certainly couldn't afford to live there, and would have to commute from Spain daily.

Your best bet is looking for schools on the Costa del Sol, Malaga, Cadiz or Seville as they are all fairly close to Gibraltar.
PC Parrot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would help your CV immensely if, in addition to QTS, you had experience with HM Secret Services in close quarters combat ... and if you knew how to drive a tank ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: