Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finding work in Madrid for Oct/Nov
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
frijolita

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lozwich,

I called the Spainish Consulate. They were not very helpful. I think I understood from them that my Guatemalan citizenship does not help me at all. So I am with all the other non-EU people looking for a way to hopefully work legally. I am not too worried. If can't find a job I will just move to another country where I can work. I would love to work in Spain but if it is doesn't work out there is a whole other world out there to teach in.

Thanks for the compliment on my avatar. I thought it was cute too when I saw it. Wink

Hey grahamb where is yours?

Ciao!
Frijolita
lozwich

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Cute... Reply with quote

grahamb wrote:
... but not as cute as you, Lozwich! The short hair... those big blue eyes... that smile!

Yeah, every man's dream! A woman with a mouth that can be zipped shut when she talks too much! Laughing

Only wish I had 5 fingers though... the staring is beginning to get to me.

Wink

Bad news about the visa thingy, Frijolita.. How did Anthyp go?? Did you get a visa Anthyp?? I keep thinking I should marry myself off for a large sum of money for my EU status, but I'm having trouble meeting a TEFLer with lots of $$$$. Funny that..

Have a fabby day! It's Friday morning where I am, and only 2 more classes and THAT'S IT!! Whee! A few exams and sitting around staring out the window, AND I'M OFF!!! YAY!!

Sorry. Got a bit excited there.. Embarassed

Loz.
frijolita

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky you Loz with an EU passport. I had a friend that almost married a Kiwi for citizenship exchange. She was American. They called it off though. Maybe something about getting married by Elvis in Las Vegas seemed a little too off for a marriage. Wink

I think I might throw the visa question out there and see if any Guatemalans respond.

6 more hours of boring Finance stuff...oh yay.

Have a wonderful weekend!
anthyp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lozwich wrote:
How did Anthyp go?? Did you get a visa Anthyp??

As you know, loz, I didn't stay in Spain long enough to look for work.

When you say,

Quote:
So I am with all the other non-EU people looking for a way to hopefully work legally.

you are right on the mark, frijolita. Hopefully is the word, but hopefully you don't let this technicality get in the way of working in the beautiful country of Spain!

One of my (American) friends has been working in Madrid since October, and his employer is only now putting him through the proper chanels for his Visa.

I don't think it's at all possible to secure legal employment in Spain if you're American/ non - EU. But employment can still be had, and after time, it's possible to get yourself legal.

This uncertainly is one of the reasons I decided not to work there!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
lozwich

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frijolita wrote:
Have a wonderful weekend!

In my excitement, I don't think I explained myself so well.. I actually meant "I'm off" in the "I don't work here anymore" kind of way. Last classes today, 1 week of exams, 4 days of cleaning up my office, and I'm gone! Not that I'm counting or anything. Very Happy

I don't know any boys with EU status that would be marriageable. Maybe you could PM Mouse, and see if he's up for it?? Or you could just find yourself a nice Spaniard... Wink

Good luck!

Lozwich.
frijolita

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Loz! Are you the one that is moving to Peru or that someone else? So many people on these things I can't keep track anymore.

You really are into this marriage stuff huh....trying to match me up to mouse. J/k Naaahhh no need, I already know someone with an EU passport. Not looking for marriage at the moment.

Anthyp, I am keeping all options open. There is really nothing I can do till I get there. Then I will see where I land in the end. Very Happy
lozwich

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: HA! No.. Reply with quote

frijolita wrote:
Congrats Loz! Are you the one that is moving to Peru or that someone else? So many people on these things I can't keep track anymore.

No, after a short break/hopefully working holiday in Australia (home country) I'm moving to Spain. Donostia in Pais Vasco to be precise. Very Happy I leave Mexico in 2 1/2 weeks.

frijolita wrote:
You really are into this marriage stuff huh....trying to match me up to mouse.

No, I'm very far away from the marriage stuff. I just like to shock and/or horrify people as much as possible. I'm a bit evil that way.. Twisted Evil I have mentioned elsewhere on this forum that I'd do it, but I'd have to love the person first, and then it would be a matter of getting married so we could stay together.

All the very best of luck, though. When are you going? I can't remember. I will be getting there around the end of September, in case you need any support.

Take care,
Lozwich.
frijolita

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know who it was...naturegirl. That is who is moving to Peru. Have fun back home. I have a friend who is going to grad school in Adelaide, Australia. Flinders University I think. He loves it there!

Oh I see you little devil you. Twisted Evil I knew you were kidding around. Wink

I am planning to be in Madrid, Spain somewhere between mid Sept and Oct. not sure quite yet when. Thanks for the offer!

Ciao!
michelle ashley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered the November or January courses? In Madrid at least, the big companies start their English training season in January as well. I don�t know if it was mentioned before on these exchanges but judging from experience a lot of language schools call around the second week of Jan.

They say because of the money. The yearly budget for everything, language training included is doled out on the first few weeks in Jan. When I got a lot of calls in Jan/Feb, I was curious so I asked the schools and I�ve been told this more than once. Besides whatever they say, there are jobs in Spain, especially in Madrid, a lot of the main intl and national head offices are based here which accounts for the big demand for English teachers.

Good luck.

Michelle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: