Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving Sale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gameproducer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Moving Sale Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm in need of selling my worldly possessions, and it seems I'm unable to post them on Ebay etc...so here we go!

Juicer- 750,000 VND

HP EliteBook 8740w 17" (320 GB, Intel Core i5 1st Gen., 2.40 GHz, 6 GB)...10.6M VND

(Slight body damage, but I am including a PC laptop bag, as well as here are the stats:
Runs excellent, and the battery needs to be replaced, but if you keep the charger plugged in, it will not die.

Fully Activated Windows.

I have 2 weeks left until I have to either go home, or live on the streets. I've been through hell....so Please contact me if you are interested in saving my parents the humility of buying a ticket for me.

Blue Wii (Special Edition) 3.0M VND

I'm including the following games:
    Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
    Legend of Zelda Twillight Princess
    Just Dance 3
    Metroid- 3D version, I'd have to look it up.

Kindle Fire First generation-1.3M VND

If anyone is interested in buying a fully decked out desktop PC, I paid 24M for all the parts and 3M for the monitor.

I'd be willing to take 23M VND for it, but right now its not for sale. It will include a webcam, and gamer pad Xbox controller, speakers, headset. Fully activated Windows.
toiyeuthitmeo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell us more about the hell you've been through so that we can maybe not meet the same fate as you.

I've sent you a PM, I'm interested in some of these items.

Vietnam also has loads of pawn shops but having a Viet local who you trust to negotiate the hawk is essential.

There's a Viet craigslist too.
gameproducer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toiyeuthitmeo wrote:
Tell us more about the hell you've been through so that we can maybe not meet the same fate as you.

I've sent you a PM, I'm interested in some of these items.

Vietnam also has loads of pawn shops but having a Viet local who you trust to negotiate the hawk is essential.

There's a Viet craigslist too.

Hi, I replied to your email!

My hell came from loving the wrong person...my job situation was pretty good, but I left too early and waited too long before replacing the position...

In the end, I learned at least one Vietnamese person in this country completely manipulated, abused, and used me for my money...and was a pathological liar in the end.

I can't say this will be everyone else's fate....but during my hellish dream....I was attacked physically, and had a 20 pound barbell thrown at my head, consistently cheated on, lied to, and who knows what else...

I am the dumbass that says I still love....

while they have moved on...

seemingly immediately after I ran out of money.

YAY, ME!
LettersAthruZ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you in HCMC???
gameproducer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LettersAthruZ wrote:
Are you in HCMC???

For the time being, what's up?
LettersAthruZ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't trust them Southern chicks!! Know several guys who dated women up here and a lot of them ended up married to Northern girls.....not one of them has had a swindle issue that I am aware of......hear about it all the time in The South, though!

Just wondering if you were in Ha Noi or Hai Phong or even Da Nang or something. Might have been interested in the Wii, but it's a pain in the ass for me to take time off and hop down there to get it! Sad
gameproducer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LettersAthruZ wrote:
Can't trust them Southern chicks!! Know several guys who dated women up here and a lot of them ended up married to Northern girls.....not one of them has had a swindle issue that I am aware of......hear about it all the time in The South, though!

Just wondering if you were in Ha Noi or Hai Phong or even Da Nang or something. Might have been interested in the Wii, but it's a pain in the ass for me to take time off and hop down there to get it! Sad

If you want I can overnight it to you.

I live really close to UPS/FED EX.

Let me know.
sigmoid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have some luck on craigslist:

http://vietnam.craigslist.org/

As for your relationship situation, don't be too hard on yourself. You're certainly not the first and you definitely won't be the last. It's basically an age old story that is common to the region, but one that can occur nearly anywhere in the world.

The most important thing seems to be to have some boundaries and limits (financial, emotional and psychological), so that one can draw the line and get out of an unhealthy relationship before the crash.

Anyway, you're in Asia already and you seem to have a skill that is in demand. Have you given any thought to re-establishing yourself instead of going home?
vabeckele

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, don't get down on yourself. All of us here have been and will be taken one way or another.

Learn from it and move on.

I wish you the best of luck.
Riding One

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gameproducer wrote:
In the end, I learned at least one Vietnamese person in this country completely manipulated, abused, and used me for my money...and was a pathological liar in the end.

I can't say this will be everyone else's fate....but during my hellish dream....I was attacked physically, and had a 20 pound barbell thrown at my head, consistently cheated on, lied to, and who knows what else...

I've heard many similar stories.

This....is VN.

Best of luck in the future.
gameproducer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigmoid wrote:
You might have some luck on craigslist:

http://vietnam.craigslist.org/

As for your relationship situation, don't be too hard on yourself. You're certainly not the first and you definitely won't be the last. It's basically an age old story that is common to the region, but one that can occur nearly anywhere in the world.

The most important thing seems to be to have some boundaries and limits (financial, emotional and psychological), so that one can draw the line and get out of an unhealthy relationship before the crash.

Anyway, you're in Asia already and you seem to have a skill that is in demand. Have you given any thought to re-establishing yourself instead of going home?

Indeed.

Currently I'm teaching Online through KUKU, and TPad...but the money isn't coming in fast enough. Also, I'm still sending out resumes as fast as I see job postings...to the states, as well as to the VN ESL industry.

I'm just at the end of my rope it seems..and selling everything for the actual prices I want will HELP me so much now.

Yet, I think ...anyways..

Cheers everyone.
gameproducer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Moving Sale Reply with quote

gameproducer wrote:
Hi,

I'm in need of selling my worldly possessions, and it seems I'm unable to post them on Ebay etc...so here we go!

Juicer- 750,000 VND

HP EliteBook 8740w 17" (320 GB, Intel Core i5 1st Gen., 2.40 GHz, 6 GB)...10.6M VND

(Slight body damage, but I am including a PC laptop bag, as well as here are the stats:
Runs excellent, and the battery needs to be replaced, but if you keep the charger plugged in, it will not die.

Fully Activated Windows.

I have 2 weeks left until I have to either go home, or live on the streets. I've been through hell....so Please contact me if you are interested in saving my parents the humility of buying a ticket for me.

Blue Wii (Special Edition) 3.0M VND

I'm including the following games:
    Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
    Legend of Zelda Twillight Princess
    Just Dance 3
    Metroid- 3D version, I'd have to look it up.

Kindle Fire First generation-1.3M VND

If anyone is interested in buying a fully decked out desktop PC, I paid 24M for all the parts and 3M for the monitor.

I'd be willing to take 23M VND for it, but right now its not for sale. It will include a webcam, and gamer pad Xbox controller, speakers, headset. Fully activated Windows.

ADJUSTED PRICES FOR LAPTOP-

HP LAPTOP 7M VND

I'M ADDING MY SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 -8M VND
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: