Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Think I Figured Out CTFU's Agenda: Extort Agents/Schools

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarcastro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: I Think I Figured Out CTFU's Agenda: Extort Agents/Schools Reply with quote

I mean it makes sense now. All the posturing, ranting, and "blacklists" is just a way for this group to make money the Chinese way, extortion and intimidation.

Take their MOD EDIT for instance. All it really consists of is a wall of text with names and links to one or two evidences of misdeeds or complaints. At the bottom of the list they state:

Quote:
The above is just a small sampling of the 317 dishonorable schools on our teacher's blacklist due to space limitations.

Really, space limitations? I know that their website looks like it is from 1995 but how is there any limitations on text in 2013?

But here is the most telling part:

Quote:
Schools listed here are welcome to tell their side of the story in the comments section below and will have their names removed from this list only if they settle their disputes or after 24 months of complaint-free operation. For the complete CFTU consolidated blacklist, please send an email to CBL(at)ChinaForeignTeachersUnion.org

Sure they can tell their side of the "story" by sending in a few thousand RMB to "settle their disputes" and their complaints just disappear. Kinda brilliant.
mw182006

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it became pretty apparent even though I've only visited the site once or twice. The spam from various nicknames is probably a cheap way to get more hits and a higher ranking on google searches. I look forward to the various drive-by posters coming in to say, "boy leave it to all the grumpy/bitter veterans at dave's to disparage someone who's trying to improve teacher's lives!" etc. etc.
thechangling

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the corrupt FAO's, TC's, agent's and recruiter's in China, I'm damn glad there's a site like their's to warn newbie's of the dangers in the middle kingdom. I smell a vested interest here because otherwise it's just plain illogical.
Banner41

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh please don't give them an opening to put up more bogus links and puppet accounts to show up and say how great they are. It is well known it is a scam.
mw182006

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thechangling wrote:
With all the corrupt FAO's, TC's, agent's and recruiter's in China, I'm damn glad there's a site like their's to warn newbie's of the dangers in the middle kingdom. I smell a vested interest here because otherwise it's just plain illogical.

Need's more apostrophe's'.
johntpartee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, you can borrow some of mine.

''''''
Non Sequitur

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got a few Im not using.
''
wangdaning

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They claim to be a Union for foreign teachers in China, all I need to know Rolling Eyes
choudoufu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wangdaning wrote:
They claim to be a Union for foreign teachers in China,..... Rolling Eyes

but they are!

.....just as north korea is both democratic and a republic.
Prof.Gringo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mw182006 wrote:
Yeah it became pretty apparent even though I've only visited the site once or twice. The spam from various nicknames is probably a cheap way to get more hits and a higher ranking on google searches. I look forward to the various drive-by posters coming in to say, "boy leave it to all the grumpy/bitter veterans at dave's to disparage someone who's trying to improve teacher's lives!" etc. etc.

It is in no way a legit site.
fat_chris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johntpartee wrote:
Here, you can borrow some of mine.

''''''

Me too! Me too! Purty please! Purty please! Can I have some apostrophe's too? With sugar on top?

Laughing

Warm regards,
fat_chris
Santos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to ruin your theory but I went to a few of their meetings last year and from what I saw they helped quite a few FTs get their last pay checks and release letters and got the bitch from China ESL arrested for fraud. Unfortunately she went free in 2 days and is still screwing over teachers.
dean_a_jones

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny that you just joined, and then reposted their crappy links in another thread. Sounds like complete and utter BS to me.

I wish these morons would stop spamming this place, and their idiotic links deleted.
Santos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say dean but I was a member here since 2010 and got banned last year for getting in the face of someone who suggested we could not disagree with the majority. Long story short - I blew a fuse told him where to stick his "majority domination" theory. Anyway I am back and am still entitled to my own personal opinion. I am trying to be more civil this time. But no, I will not agree to crap that is bogus just because a handful of veterans think otherwise. But getting back on point... if these CFTU people were shaking anyone down for money it there would be people bitching and screaming all over the place by now. They've been around a few years and two of my good buds do volunteer work with them. They were the ones who dragged me to those meetings, but I'd rather spend my free time at Red House playing cards or getting laid.
muffintop

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What name did you post under previously?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: