Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adwaa Rabia again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Adwaa Rabia again Reply with quote

I understand that there have been posts in the past about this recruiter but nothing recent. Specifically, I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who has done/does Aramco contract work with them. But any recent information would be helpful. Feel free to pm me. Thanks!
sicklyman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have perhaps around 60 teachers contracted to Aramco where I work and I have not heard of this contractor's name before. Not saying they don't contract to Aramco, but it's not a name I'm familiar with.
zzz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. That's what I'm afraid of. That there is a bait and switch going on. They claim in the interview that you will be doing Aramco contract work in Khobar and then send you off somewhere else (the contract allows them to send you to another part of the country to fill other needs). There have been a lot of posts in the past about Adwaa and none of it good but it is always second hand or from people that were only in the contract negotiation stage with them. I thought maybe they improved, got a contract with Aramco, and turned over a new leaf.

They also said in the interview that they employ over a hundred foreign teachers. I find that hard to believe. Of course I will ask to speak to a few of them. The salary they are offering is $3700, single accommodation, and all the usual things. Perfectly acceptable given my qualifications but can you believe any of it.
sicklyman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bear in mind that all contracts with contractors to Aramco contain the following clause under Work Location

"[your location] or other sites as required by Aramco"

so, what they're saying in those terms makes sense. But Khobar doesn't sound right because there aren't any Aramco teaching locations in Khobar.

There are technical schools that Aramco has seconded its trainees to because the Aramco Industrial Training Centres are at full capacity. It might be that they have a contract to supply staff to one of these. Bassam and SPSP are two that I know of near or in Dhahran (not sure of exact locations). So there may be one in Khobar. But that is not being contracted to Aramco.
zzz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They probably figure that if they can get a native speaker they can rent/sell him/her to one of these technical schools. Adwaa is not a school itself so that must be what they are doing. I also got an offer from Al Hussan, which does Aramco contracting work, but was scared away by the pms I received from people working there.
CANDLES

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adwaa Rabia was recruiting for PNU about 2-3 years ago. They were in competition with SBC and AETG.....

Potential employees of this company gave them a wide berth, because things fell through because of extreme promises and lack of solid information. Exclamation
zzz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update for posterity. These are very disreputable people. They disappeared as soon as I asked them for contact information for one of their teachers. They also correspond with you under the name of Cara W, supposedly an Australian hiring director. But I doubt she really exists. Pay close attention to her e-mails. They are not written by a native speaker. "Cara" does not appear at interviews or answer phone calls. It is always a Saudi. I have noticed positive teacher feedback on Adwaa in other forums. But again, look closely at the English.

(MOD edit for names)
Jaxfax

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This belated post for posterity. Al Adwaa recruits for Saudi Academy SATC which is in Al Khobar (Head Office Riyadh) but will be moving operations possibly to Dammam. They are contracting for ARAMCO. Cara et al will say anything to get you to sign. Salary payments can fall behind by as much as 3 months. You will be one of the lucky ones to get what they owe you. This applies to everyone, even janitors. Even if you decide to take a loss and do a runner, you may not be able to leave the country. They don't return your passport for up to 8 weeks. Even if you report your passport stolen and get a new one, you may have to pay SAR10,000 fine. Even when you finish and the company wants to send you back you may spend a month without pay waiting for an exit visa because the company bought bogus visit visas. But at least your life will be full of surprises!
CANDLES

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's SOLID information! What a nightmare- worse than ever. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: