Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transcript question please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjsmith

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Transcript question please help Reply with quote

About me: 29yr old caucasian male, BA University degree, American Passport, official diploma on my person and TEFL degree. I am living in Mexico but looking to move to Thailand for better opportunities.

I can get an email for my transcript from my college but official transcripts are difficult for me to get prior to Thailand because the international mail has not worked out for me in the past. That said how necessary is an official transcript for getting the work visa in Thailand? Thanks for any advice.
plumpy nut

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need official transcripts as well as a degree certificate. My university will ship transcripts using FEDEX. I am pretty sure your university will do the same. For overseas mail you have to use FEDEX if you want to recieve it in a timely manner.

The job opportunities that you are talking about generally start at about 30000 Baht per month, unless you are lucky enough to land a really good job. Competition for the good jobs is strong in Thailand.
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will have more opportunities here in Thailand as an EFL instructor than where you are now. Make sure you get a letter from your university registrar certifying that your transcripts are original. Also bring enough money to last you while you are looking for work here. Starrting pay should be around Baht 30,000 to Baht 40,000 monthy. Good luck!
surendra

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a related question. I am not exactly comfortable bring my diploma with me or "on my person".

So would a PDF copy and sealed transcripts suffice?

Obviously people get by without, but I would like a higher-end average salary and I'm coming at a bad time, so I need all the advantages :p
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there,

Yes that would suffice.....also remember to bring original letters of work references from previous employers. Good luck!
surendra

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick feed back!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: