Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What type of CBC will I need?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bansheebeat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: What type of CBC will I need? Reply with quote

Just wondering if I will need a FBI background check or if I can just go get a local (state, city, whatever) background check for Thailand. Plan on moving around Feb. or March to take a CELTA course and then hopefully begin teaching after that.
MNguy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What type of CBC will I need? Reply with quote

bansheebeat wrote:
Just wondering if I will need a FBI background check or if I can just go get a local (state, city, whatever) background check for Thailand. Plan on moving around Feb. or March to take a CELTA course and then hopefully begin teaching after that.

You don't need one. However, if you have the time, it's never a bad idea to have one in your back pocket.
bansheebeat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: What type of CBC will I need? Reply with quote

MNguy wrote:
bansheebeat wrote:

You don't need one. However, if you have the time, it's never a bad idea to have one in your back pocket.

Should I bring a local and FBI or just one or the other? Does it have to be notarized or anything? Thanks for the reply.
plumpy nut

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A state or some kind of local CBC will suffice for Thailand. You don't need an FBI or national CBC. I wouldn't use one from a city though.
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry at all about this.....a local Thai Background check will suffice and you can get this done in Bangkok... Good luck!
bansheebeat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answers!
MNguy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bansheebeat wrote:
Thanks for the answers!

What I was clumsily trying to imply was that while you are in your home country, it's not a bad idea to have one done. If you find out that LoS isn't your cup of tea or whatever and wish to move on to Vietnam or some other country which requires one, it's easier to have them prepared at home.
bansheebeat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNguy wrote:
What I was clumsily trying to imply was that while you are in your home country, it's not a bad idea to have one done. If you find out that LoS isn't your cup of tea or whatever and wish to move on to Vietnam or some other country which requires one, it's easier to have them prepared at home.

Gotcha. Should I take a notarized one?
fpshangzhou

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned above, you might also want to get your fingerprints done so that if you need to obtain a federal/national FBI cbc, you can send the print cards from Thailand or leave them at home and someone in your country can apply for the cbc back home without you having to pay high costs to mail documents back to your country. Korea, Japan, and other Asian countries are starting to require this type of cbc. The FBI cbc is valid for 6 months. I'm trying to apply to a teacher certification program back in my country and they require a FBI check and I'm trying to find a place here in China to get them done and then I have to pay shipping fees to send the fingerprint cards back home. I personally would get 3 copies just in case 1 of them is rejected due to ink smears.
bkkgriz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has something changed? I have been teaching in Thailand for the last 8 years and have never needed a background check. If this has changed I would appreciate knowing since I am trying to answer questions about getting started teaching here in LOS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: