Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Z Visas and Residence Permits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sui jin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caj131 wrote
I have an invitation letter from the school in Ningbo but no work permit because they don't have the certificate of cancellation.

Looks like a Catch 22.
The Ningbo school already knows the situation so you cannot change your story, but if you apply to another school, I suggest you deny all knowledge of the FEC, and cancellation certificate, ( I mean, say you have neither ) and get the new school to contact your old one direct.
In my experience it is not common for FTs to be given the FEC (even though it is their's)
Your old school should not need the FEC in their hands to cancel it, because it is only valid for one year (usually) and will expire by lapse of time.
Andrew108

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sui Jin, thanks for the reply. Just got back from a weekend trip. Seems that it would be best to try from Finland first and then if there is a problem, go the U.K route. Thanks.
Sarcastro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got a legal question.

Ive recently found out that according to the cops who currently hold my passport to update my creds, I am only allowed to teach in the area of my residency.

I was recently let go when I told my boss that I wasnt leaving the city until my passport gets back as thats my lifeline if anything bad happens to me and that I was told it was illegal. When he asked me how I know and told he labeled it as "a threat" and gave me 30 days.

Now talking to some schools in the same city, they say they are going to have me travel. I am wary of being in the same situation. Im not going to do anything that I for sure is illegal in a country that Im an alien in.

So my question is, when is it legal for me to teach in other areas that are not in my residency and when is it not? Or is it just "illegal" and no one pays attention or prosecutes it?
BlueBlood

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Criminal Record Check (?) Reply with quote

Can anyone update if this is needed for the Z-visa?

And if so, which one and how? Several services offer it online, but I've read other posts saying they take weeks to get?

I'm speaking about the U.S., btw.

I've got my medical check completed, and my resume and passport. All that's left (I think) is my "criminal background check" whatever that may be...

Thanks in advance for any latest info on this.
JoeThePlumber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Criminal Record Check (?) Reply with quote

BlueBlood wrote:
Can anyone update if this is needed for the Z-visa?

And if so, which one and how? Several services offer it online, but I've read other posts saying they take weeks to get?

I'm speaking about the U.S., btw.

I've got my medical check completed, and my resume and passport. All that's left (I think) is my "criminal background check" whatever that may be...

Thanks in advance for any latest info on this.

You might find this link helpful:
http://lawandborder.com/beijing-to-require-certificate-of-no-criminal-conviction-for-foreigners-employment-licenses/
Yummeos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question.

I tried to get a Z visa in August and was denied because the new visa laws. I graduated in May, and I am 23 years old. I know theres a requirement in the new z visa law that states a person must be a post college graduate of 2 years and be the age of 25.

Now.... I'm wondering if that law is still as strict as it was in August. I know everyone was up tight about it in August because it barely came out. So i'm wonder with two months time, if it has become lax for areas in China that are in need of teachers. I'm not talking about Beijing or Shanghai, just smaller cities that are in need of teachers. I really want to go back to China and teach, as well as perfect my Chinese.

Thanks for your answers.
Firearcher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Z Visa Where To Apply? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if foreign teachers MUST go to their home country to apply for the Z Visa? If you are already in Asia (But NOT in China) can you apply for the Z Visa in lets say......Hong Kong? Vietnam? Or some other country near China at your countries embassy?
Toast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Z Visa Where To Apply? Reply with quote

Firearcher wrote:
Can anyone tell me if foreign teachers MUST go to their home country to apply for the Z Visa? If you are already in Asia (But NOT in China) can you apply for the Z Visa in lets say......Hong Kong? Vietnam? Or some other country near China at your countries embassy?

Depends on many things, most importantly the province in China you will be working in, the country you are applying from (eg. Korea is a no-go) and your visa status in that country. For example if you have a longer term visa for Thailand you could apply in Bangkok, where if you were just on 30 day tourist entry stamp they would likely refuse you. Also the local PSB's willingness to state on your invitation letter that you can apply in that specific place. Would need more info to answer accurately (as accurately as anyone can at least with regard to Chinese visa rules). The rules aren't applied uniformly across the country and are extremely inconsistent.
Spelunker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: fujian? Reply with quote

Can anyone can confirm or deny about fujian province? Just had one email saying heliongjiang is a no go!!!
JoeThePlumber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: fujian? Reply with quote

Spelunker wrote:
Can anyone can confirm or deny about fujian province? Just had one email saying heliongjiang is a no go!!!

Confirm or deny what about Fujian?
Spelunker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: z visa Reply with quote

Whether Z visa is doable?
bluetortilla

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a FEC and RP now in Guangzhou. Can the FEC be transferred to Kunming?
bluetortilla

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Z Visa Where To Apply? Reply with quote

Toast wrote:
Firearcher wrote:

Depends on many things, most importantly the province in China you will be working in, the country you are applying from (eg. Korea is a no-go) and your visa status in that country. For example if you have a longer term visa for Thailand you could apply in Bangkok, where if you were just on 30 day tourist entry stamp they would likely refuse you. Also the local PSB's willingness to state on your invitation letter that you can apply in that specific place. Would need more info to answer accurately (as accurately as anyone can at least with regard to Chinese visa rules). The rules aren't applied uniformly across the country and are extremely inconsistent.

I lived in Japan for a long time and hold a permanent resident visa. I got my Z visa through the Chinese consulate in Fukuoka with no problem. They did require a medical so I ended up having to take two.

The only hassle now is that I have to keep returning to Japan within every three years to keep the visa. Could come in very handy some day though.
Allthechildrenareinsane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Z Visa Where To Apply? Reply with quote

Toast wrote:
Firearcher wrote:

There's a couple threads on this topic in the SK forums and according to them, some people have had problems in the past, but apparently it is doable. You have to apply through one of the Chinese-approved travel agencies there rather than the Chinese embassy, though.
Spelunker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: re: Z visas in hong kong...doable or not? Reply with quote

So can Z visas be issued in HK and for which nationalities?

I had trouble in Nanjing, the psb could not get their shit together, and was told I could not get the paperwork, FAO was being a bitch about it too, so I don't know what to believe. Perhaps had to do with lack of criminal clearance check. But I heard for jiangsu as a whole, no crc needed, except for nanjing and suzhou, may be different now.

What would be helpful is, if people could state their nationality, part of china working, and whether they recently got a Z visa in HK successfully?

Cheers on..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 23 of 29

Jump to: