Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need info on a good hospital- UPDATE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many EFL Educators I know in Thailand say the Thai health care system is just fine. Your choice to come to Thailand to seek medical care is the right choice. Good luck!
talktome

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The embassy inquiry seems like the way to go, however if it is anything I've dealt with in S. Korea, Japan and the Philippines, for every question asked, there are about 6-7 different answers depending on location, the status of the country where the embassy is located and even the mood of the individual you talk to. The nicer immi. people I've encountered were in Colombia, but then again I was in a small, provincial town in one of the most war-torn provinces. The rotten ones seem to be S. Koreans, whose ambivalence ranges from being annoyed, especially if it is close to their lunch time, to flat-out asking me how much money it would be worth processing a visa for my now-exwife.

It's been a minute since I've been on this board to check on the perspective answers to my question.
I wrote to one of the agencies certified to take care of tourists who go there for medical treatment.
Also, I will be traveling toward the end of January for a week or 2 (do you think I need more time?) to make appointments, speak to doctors and arrange to return next fall- I am waiting that long because I am trying to save up enough money to handle stuff out of pocket and my first estimate was way off- I found that the $15,000 I mentioned before is for only one procedure and it might run me about $30,000-35,000 for the treatment alone.

Also remember I would like to turn this into a sticky- info on hospital care might be one of the things people think about when going overseas and if anyone could glean on the information found here would definitely help the ESL/Expat community
talktome

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I didn't think about this until now...
If I were to get insurance that I bought before I left, would that help me during the initial part of treatment?

Does anyone have any info on that?

I can't believe I didn't think about it until now.
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there,

Insurance is good to have in Thailand...most of the hospitals I visit provide basic Thai medical care...insurance will help you a lot in getting better quality care at the some Bangkok's first class hospitals. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: