Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Help With Deciding A Country
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spiral78

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...more about the various facets of Czech and Russia, and my decision has changed in the meanwhile. Czech has a higher cultural and historical diversity...

The Czech Republic, The Czech Republic (or at least the CR). Repeat 100X prior to coming here!

If you do choose the CR, best to take an on-site month long course in Prague. Ideally in August.
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiral, wouldn't it be better to call the country by its real name, Czechoslovakia? All these petite bourgeois border disputes are so doomed to irrelevance anyway...
spiral78

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehehehe. Suggest that to a native of either country Laughing
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have, many times, in various drinking establishments in three different 'countries'. While at times heated debate ensued, my exposition of the historical necessity has always gone over well and won my listeners over. Has never gone beyond the tenth litre of Pils...
sparks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have, many times, in various drinking establishments in three different 'countries'. While at times heated debate ensued, my exposition of the historical necessity has always gone over well and won my listeners over.

The historical necessity of some sort of Pan-slavic empire? Could you elaborate? Besides that in the 20th century, which some say was doomed to fail after the death of Stalin who was only able to maintain it with ruthless bloodshed and fear, what other examples were there? Some believe it would have been better for Russia to limit the role of Moscow, as with the example of Novogorod, a prosperous "free" city until Ivan II conquered it.
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

World historical necessity of global Communism. And then the world will live as one. All the People living life in peace. I wonder if you can imagine that...
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The role of Novgorod as an exemplar of 'freedom' has been vastly exaggerated by western historians pursuing their own obvious piggie agenda.
sparks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh come on! I was hoping for some real insight here, I know you have more information in your brain than your average Commie agitator Smile
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the birth of the notion of 'holy realm' to the 'nation-state', the People have been constantly defined by being separate from the Other, with borderlines imposed on maps to match these artificial concepts. These boundaries always only serve some local exploiter, and never benefit the People themselves. Look at the so-called Velvet Divorce. Very few commentaries will acknowledge the factor of religion in the destruction of Czechoslovakia. Instead they parrot the usual nonsense about freedom of choice and free elections, ignoring that pernicious influence of 'opium' in dividing two fraternal nations, yet again...
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly hope there is something of a functioning brain that I can speak to, given the years of Piggie propaganda you have no doubt been under assault from for years on end Very Happy
sparks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as we're talking only about Czech and Slovakia and not the other countries of the USSR. Certainly the people of Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan had no reason to be part of the empire. In fact, what was the point of incorporating 60 million Muslims into an "Atheist" empire, wait, I know to exploit them for the oil and (future) cotton fields upon which they sat.

Anyway, Czech historically seems to belong more in the West, it's always been richer, even supporting their poor Slovak neighbors from time to time. I'd move most of the "Central" European countries to the East a bit. Give back the Sudetenland, Breslau, probably Gdansk, Stettin. Move Poland to the East, give back Grodno, Brest, maybe Lwow. Czech could swallow up Slovakia and maybe move South a bit.
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh... Missing... the ,,,point... totally.

All these irredentist dreams would only be an extension of Piggie empire-building, and would simply spark the usual carnage. Only borderless Utopia will be the salvation of all Mankind...
sparks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, why should Czech and Slovakia be united? Real reasons...

I'll ignore the "Communist Empire" debate Smile
sparks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first page of Google provides nothing, neither does Wiki, I'm out of ideas. It appears they have agreed to a joint football league, that's a start.
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're just not listening. It isn't just Czechoslovakia, but all countries. They have much more in common than not. It is simply the case that minor and irrelevant differences like religion are assiduously played upon by the piggies in the age old pursuit of divide et imperia, thus leading to fragmentation, and increased alienation. This is in stark contrast to all the promise and benefits that so-called independence is supposed to herald. Make no mistake about it: only a global brotherhood of all men living peacefully in a Communist society, freed from Piggie wage slavery and mental bondage, can deliver the true liberty yearned for by untold millions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: