Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brighton Education Group
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Malaysia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2m01z

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Brighton Education Group Reply with quote

I have heard that this is one of the companies that has been assigned the mentoring project by the MoE. I have read comments about SMR and BC but none from mentors who are/were with Brighton? Please share your feedback if you are or were with Brighton,.

Thank you!
randrew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject: same Reply with quote

I am wondering the same, there is nothing on them. They offer less money then the other two which tells me that maybe they are skimming from the teachers, the bonus is less, no relocation fee and the monthly salary is about 1200 less. did they hire you? PM me we can talk
christmas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked for Brighton. Not professionally run. They leave the mentor high and dry and wonder why many run off. They constantly need people to fill the remote areas cause they are hell to live in. You can do better than to work for them.
2m01z

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

christmas wrote:
I worked for Brighton. Not professionally run. They leave the mentor high and dry and wonder why many run off. They constantly need people to fill the remote areas cause they are hell to live in. You can do better than to work for them.

Hi Christmas,

Thanks for the feedback on Brighton. If I may ask, what town and state were you placed in? Do you mean they don't give you much training & support?

Thanks again.
Mo
izzdozz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

christmas wrote:

This is very worrying Confused I have just excepted a position with Brighton Education Group and from the beginning of the interview process they have been misjudging deadlines and now expect me to pack up my life in The UK to fly next week 22nd/23rd. It doesn't bode well for organising a bigger project like erm a nationwide mentoring project...v.worried now.
Could anyone please share some more details like the teachers running off and why..
Thanks
rebelgirl82

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izzdozz check out my post further down the forum based on what my good friends told me about the project

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=105057

totally second hand information but the one he has re-signed with Brighton and has a few friends who have as well if that helps ease your mind at all.

I was also quite infuriated by the slow, messy process but since I was also able to be in contact with my friend all the time I was more at ease than I imagine a lot of other people were.

I'm flying out on Wednesday, pm if you like.
izzdozz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also quite infuriated by the slow, messy process but since I was also able to be in contact with my friend all the time I was more at ease than I imagine a lot of other people were.

I'm flying out on Wednesday, pm if you like.[/quote]

Thank you Rebel.

Is that in time to make the induction?
randrew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject: Turned them down Reply with quote

I was offered a position with them. I found the hiring quite fast actually. But after looking at the salary I decided to go with SMR since the package is better. They told me at BR that I could only apply with one company, that was a lie. At SMR I am getting 9k plus 1500 so 10,500 MRG as compared to BR was 7,000 salary and 1300 or 8,300 Plus SMR gives you 4,000 relocation money and 3,000 in Nov for the big break. I looked at the owner of BR and he just looked like a scumbag. Any best of luck with however you decide.
christmas

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randrew, you made the right decision.
Brighton isn't up to speed and all the mentors that do runners have good cause.
dazzer100

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, Can anyone inform me of the approx process time with the MOE? I have applied through Brighton and have been waiting nearly 6 weeks.

Thanks in advance.
sam862010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow.. 6 weeks.

I'm also waiting for approval, I've been waiting for over a week now but they assured me in the next few working days.

I've got another job offer also.. I think I might go with that if it's going to
take that long.
Chiselpoint

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't this program supposed to be up and running 2 months ago?
Whatever will be

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you're right.

The program was supposed to be starting 2 January but was delayed by 'circumstances beyond our control'.

Meanwhile, people are without income but have living expense. For some previous teachers with existing work visas, these have run out. It means leaving M'sia to come in again on a tourist visa and keep waiting until the mess is sorted or get another job elsewhere, which is the safer bet.

Considering that we are almost in the middle of March, it's safe to assume that teachers will probably be employed after the mid-semester break (April). So, keep waiting and hoping or take another job elsewhere.

Good luck!
pooroldedgar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So mentors who stayed over from the last time haven't received a salary in almost 6 months?!
rebelgirl82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been paid, the 9 or 10 mentors I met up with last week have all been paid...

I was waiting for ages for ministry approval as well, but so far I love the job although its only been a month. have had no problems with company regarding help with housing, IT issues, banking, wages etc so so far so good, long may it last.

program has been up and running since after chinese new year
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Malaysia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: