Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions about AL Rowdah Academy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bertonneau

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Questions about AL Rowdah Academy Reply with quote

I am in the process of applying to Al Rowdah Academy through Footprints Recruiting. Can anyone tell me any firsthand experience of how it is working there? Does anyone reading this know anyone who can forward this to and let me respond to me?
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you use the search? It seems to have been mentioned in a half dozen threads. Apparently part of the Kaplan group, which doesn't have a very good reputation in the Gulf...

VS
Geronimo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello bertonneau,

Have you checked out the videos provided by the Alrowdah Colleges channel on youtube yet?

If not, take a look at this introductory video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieNUZUcTsjI&list=PL0Yq9FAlWNQI4go6l0KEUb8CZAl8aSz0N&index=1

...and there are several videos providing guidance from well-experienced current teachers and senior teachers working currently on the various campuses ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d4gOi5UzFw&list=PL0Yq9FAlWNQI4go6l0KEUb8CZAl8aSz0N and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAM1etSRVKo&list=PL0Yq9FAlWNQI4go6l0KEUb8CZAl8aSz0N

Ask 'Footprints' if Al Rowdah is now under the control of ADVETI -
as opposed to still being under the control of KAPLAN/IAT.

Hope the above helps!

Geronimo
petepozner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Footprints and IAT Reply with quote

Hi,

I just had a prescreening interview with Footprints for a position with IAT. According to them, IAT split with Al Rowdah and the position is with the former. I am also cautious about the job because of the comments about IAT/Al Rowdah which I have read in this forum.

One of my concerns was accommodation. According to the agency, the housing allowance is ample and IAT help you to find somewhere. They had heard of no problems with long processes for assuring the accommodation or teachers taking weeks to find somewhere.

Another worry for me was that I read about many teachers failing the probation period last year. Again, the agency were not aware of this but speculated that it might of had something to do with the IAT-Al Rowdah split.

On the other hand, the salary seems good at between $40,000 and $70,000 depending on qualifications and experience.

So I would really appreciate some more really up-to-date insight into the above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: