Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Certificate of Eligibility and Letter of Guarantee

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lewie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Certificate of Eligibility and Letter of Guarantee Reply with quote

Item 21 on the second page of the Application for Certificate of Eligibility asks for employment information, but it is not clear whether they want info on my current employment (in my country) or my future employment in Japan? Anyone know for sure?

I have a brother who lives in Japan (Permanent Resident - married to a Japanese citizen) but he works in Canada, not Japan. Can he provide my Letter of Guarantee, or does this have to be my Japanese employer?
Big_H

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't know about the letter of guarantee but the certificate of eligibility is definitely in regards to your future work in Japan, it is their mean of confirming that you are not aiming to obtain a long term work visa on a bogus job.
Lewie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Still confused ... Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, Big H! What is confusing me is that the first two pages of the application are for the applicant to complete, while the third and fourth pages are for the employer to complete. So, on pages 3 and 4, Immigration is going to get all the info they could possible want about my future employer. So, if in the first two pages I supply future employer info, I'd be duplicating what my future employer will be providing!? I just want to make sure I get this right the first time! Thanks again.
thomthom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Related question if anyone knows: If you've lived in Japan before (ie. you're applying for a COE for the second time), do they ask for tax/health bill history when you apply for a new COE?
benshi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why isn't your employer doing all this paperwork if they are sponsoring your work visa?
Lewie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Options ... Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, benshi ... In fact, my employer will, of course, be completing his two pages of the C of E application, and has offered to supply the Letter of Guarantee. I simply want to know if I have the option (re: the L of G) of him/his company not having to vouch for my good behaviour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Japan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: