Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Russian Visa Application from Lithuania

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nutritious1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:28 am    Post subject: Russian Visa Application from Lithuania Reply with quote

At the moment I am teaching Esl in China but I want to teach in Russia as soon as I find a job.

I am a New Zealander with a New Zealand passport. New Zealand is not part of the EU but we are linked with England, which gives us certain privileges. For example, we can travel to EU countries without a visa.

I am told by my friend who is also a New Zealander and experienced Esl teacher from Russia that I can apply for a visa to enter Russia from Lithuania. I am fairly sure that I can do this because I know that he did it about a year ago. Also, he is generally on the conservative side when it comes to taking risks and he is 100% sure about this. However, I was wondering if someone else could give me some information on this.

I phoned the Russian embassy in New Zealand and asked them if they could confirm that I can apply from Lithuania and they gave me the vague answer, 'you are only supposed to apply from your country of residency but we cannot know what Lithuania does'. Basically saying, what Lithuania does is their business.

Last edited by nutritious1 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
teacher X

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had this discussion in a previous thread and came to the conclusion that it's totally random. I have applied for tourist visas for Russia from numerous countries which weren't my own and had no problem.
Other people appear to have had problems. Although this was just for tourist visas and not for work. I applied for my work visa from the UK.

But that said, one of our American employees applied for her Russian work visa whilst in Greece and it wasn't a problem.

You appear to be at the mercy and whim of whoever is processing the application.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: