Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wall Street in Bandung -- Does it exist?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pooroldedgar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Wall Street in Bandung -- Does it exist? Reply with quote

The was talk that it was coming, and talk that it was here. But I've never seen job adverts whereas the Jakarta branches have them constantly.
princesss

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their website says it is coming along with Wall Street Bintaro in early 2014. But it hasn't opened yet. On January 27th they advertised for a whole range of office staff positions on their Facebook page. It is definitely coming, but not quite there yet.
princesss

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The school has now opened. This is their school outside Java. My sources tell me ghat Wall Street Bintaro will be next. There has also been talk of schools in Surabaya and Semarang but they won't be coming in 2014.
Tazz

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside java? Confused
bradleycooper

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tazz wrote:
Outside java? Confused

I'm sure if they thought it made business sense, they would do it. They have certainly expanded rapidly in Jakarta despite their very expensive course prices. But does it make business sense to go to Jayapura and Ternate and other backwater towns? 80% of all money in Indonesia is said to reside in Jakarta alone, so outside Java you are chasing slimmer pickings. The thing to say about WSI is that they are cashed up, have business savvy and are forward-thinking.

I remember visiting China in 2010 and seeing that Wall Street had a branch in the Pearl Tower- the fourth tallest building in the world. That was when I realized just how well-funded they are. There is really big money involved in this company. They invest in high-profile, expensive premises to help create an exclusive image. I can see how it appeals to Indonesians, who are very image-conscious. Studying at Wall Street is like owning a Smartphone.

The one mercy for some of their competitors in Indonesia is that they have focused on the adult market and the "top end". It yet remains to be seen whether someone can replicate their "blended learning" (technology-heavy) model with kids and teens. It might be problematic, especially with children.
Zorobabel

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The head of Wall Street Indonesia, William Daniel, has exclusive Wall Street rights over all of Indonesia, unlike in China and Korea, so that's why they are not expanding at nearly the pace they are in other parts of Asia.

They'll probably eventually open branches outside Java, but it will take a long time.
water rat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Semarang, Surabaya and Bandung are all in Java, you geniuses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: