Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a few words about Linguamir
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nexus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: spasibo! Reply with quote

[quote="Pyccak
Hey, hey try Vladivostok or Sahalin Island for tropical.[/quote]

Ha ha! Vladivostok tropical! That's a good one, that is. Tropical, he says! ha ha
maruss

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Hi there Kent! Reply with quote

Glad to read you have got sorted out in Bangkok!I still have my offer from Moscow in mind and finally hope to be able to take it up in October after spending nearly 9 months here in York,England with my son etc.
But from what I hear,life in Russia for the vast majority of people is no better than before and is in fact worse for some than a year ago!Of course the usual tiny minority are making billions there and spending it like there is no tomorrow, which obviously makes the rest hate them even more, and also allows the people in power to do what they like under the guise of applying the law etc to anyone they feel has got out of line,like the guy from Yukos etc!
I haven't heard any more from George Rundie for ages-wonder if you have any news from him?
All the best for now and take care.

M.
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: my favourite Martian! Reply with quote

Hello Martin:

Long time no see! Shocked

I thought maybe you 'got wacked' by one of those rich Russian tycoons you're always ranting on about. Laughing

But seriously ... I'm doing fine here in Bangkok. The money's ok and the students I'm teaching are GREAT --- from 5-star hotels, mostly, and a few corporate accounts as well.

And then there's the nightlife. Twisted Evil

Thanks for taking time to say 'hi' Mr. Green and good luck with your plans!

Warm wishes,
kENt
ilugru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To tell you the truth, not only business tycoons and their employees worry about the tendencies of modern russian policy. Though the majority is supporting everything our precious little KGB colonel says and does, or are too sceptic and tired to care for anything and anyone, the more educated and westernized part of Russian society is really frightened and considering the ways of getting out of here, because the tendencies are unlikely to be reversed in the near future. The idea of living in a semi-totalitarian country with no law but bureaucrats' will doesn't appeal to everyone. Believe me, I am one of them (I mean Russian minority). And however much Khodorkovsky stole in the past (though it hasn't been proved, just assumed), he was one of the few who tried to develope his business according to higher standards. And that's exactly what our bureaucrats and businessmen dislike about him.
maruss

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Unfortunately I have to agree with you! Reply with quote

There was a very interesting section of Newsnight on B.B.C.2 T.V. here in England last night about Mr."Chellski", Roman Abramovich and how he made his billions at home!!It included interviews with an ordinary family of small shareholders in one of his oil firms who are struggling to survive, despite the enormous fortune the firm earns EVERY DAY!!
It is rumoured that he is planning to leave too very soon, no doubt well ware that the axe might fall on him next from Putin and his cronies!
IF all the confiscated money were distributed among the many needy and decent people in Russia, then perhaps we could sympathise with what's going on over there-but we all know of course that the truth is otherwise!!!
Perhaps Stalins famous phrase"one death is a tragedy, while a million is just a number" also applies to the poor and wronged in Russia today!
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: well it's true. Reply with quote

Privyet:

I'm usually not one to dredge up old posts, but I'll make an exception this time.

A few days ago, I saw an advert from Linguamir (in Samara) offering $350 per month.

In the words of the immortal Nancy Reagan, "Just say no."

$350 per month isn't just bad; it's insulting. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: