Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Veracruz schools

View previous topic :: View next topic  
newtoefl2011

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Veracruz schools Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend any schools in and around Veracruz which aren't too bad to work for?
notamiss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you aren’t getting any answers because nobody currently here has worked in that region. Do you mean in and around Veracruz city or anywhere in the state?
MotherF

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a member who worked in Veracruz for quite a long time, but when she left Mexico she also stopped posting here. If you do a search you could find some old threads. Language schools come and go, but it's a start at least.
Oh and it won't tell you good or bad but you can get school contact information from the Guia Jarocha http://www.guiajarocha.com/escuelas/escuelas-de-idiomas-en-veracruz/
newtoefl2011

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info guys. Sorry I didn't make myself clearer, I mean in and around Veracruz city, not around the province.
RyanSmith89

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I actually work in Xalapa, Veracruz. There is a school called the Institute, it was originally named Harmon Hall. These schools are all around Veracruz, there are actually 8 of them. While it took a while to adjust to it, I really enjoy it. Pay is around 60 pesos and hour and you DO get Mexican social security if you work here and they WILL pay for your visa. The bad thing about the school is that they are highly variable. My school is great and has a great team, but the other school in Xalapa is poorly-managed and pretty bad. Typical work schedule would be a double shift or single shift, and 5 or 10 hours on Saturday depending on what you want. You can expect to make anywhere from 6,000 a month (low) to 13,000 (high). I also give private lessons (mostly TOEFL prep) and I charge 100 pesos an hour for individuals and 200 for groups. The best thing about Xalapa is the cost of living is low so I actually manage to save money making around 10,000 a month. Contact me if you want more information about the schools: ryancssmith89@gmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: