Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KTDC Group in Disstrict 1 and their less-than-fair activitie
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDpushing50

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurtz, Here's a comment from one of your recent posts:

Someone said: I merely expressed an opinion based on my experiences in Vietnam. Surely, in a forum, everyone doesn't have to share the same beliefs. Your attacks were uncalled for but accepted as differences. I disagree with those who disagreed with me. That's okay. That's life.

And Kurtz said:

Personal experiences and different opinions are always welcome.

Clearly Kurtz, you didn't show me the same courtesy.

And you say about me: clearly you're unhinged, as people in full possession of their faculties don't get into lenghty name and shame rants on internet forums.

Really Kurtz, I thought forums were for venting -- especially when I was forthcoming and evidenced candor as bet I could -- no BS, no lies -- just the truth the way I see it -- and no name calling or curse words -- relatively articulate. By the way, Kurtz, you made a disparaging remark about me perhaps being drunk when I misspelled words in the heading of this thread. Shall I make the same low blow shameful comment about you and the way you spelled 'lengthy'? Were you drunk when you wrote that Kurtz? That would now make you a hypocrite, right?

You also said: about me: Perhaps it's time to pack up and move on, but more importantly, shut up and move on.

And yet you seem to have a need to express yourself -- 337 posts. I read some of them; you are no better that I when you feel strongly about something and vent those 'dirty little details.' In regards to telling me to shut up, I believe this makes you a hypocrite again. You seem to feel quite comfortable not shutting up, and posting extensively (337) on issues that interest you.

You seem to be neither a kind nor fair-minded man.
JDpushing50

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger, you said:

Having said that I do wonder if you have a substance abuse problem. You were forthcoming and honest which most problems drinkers aren't, but thinking that you're a functional drunk is a denial which most alcoholics do.

Please be clear on my wording. I didn't say I was a functional drunk as in I am an alcoholic who manages through life. I was merely saying that that day I was drunk, I maintained myself, was focused on getting the lesson plans for the new teacher, and was basically just getting the little work done that needed to be done. I drink a total of about 3 days per month. Man, the way some people extend my drinking episode into drug abuse and denial/addiction problems is really surprising -- I don't know how you surmised that based on what I wrote.

You also said:

Finally, I've lost all sympathy for you once I read you're an illegal teacher further damaging our already poor image for all of us who are legal and follow the code of conduct in the workplace.

To be clear, in earnest, I have had my degrees notarized in the state of California, then authenticated at the California Secretary of state, then sent to the Vietnamese embassy in Washington for further authentication and translation (this took a few months). Then when that finally arrived here in Vietnam I did my health check, and I did my local police check (which took almost two months to finally receive it back). Then after all that, my manager informs me that she had just learned that the local police checks are no longer enough and we all need to get one back from our home country -- which my sister is doing for me now but having trouble because I am not present. So please, to be fair, I have given sincere effort in getting my work permit -- it's this country and their inordinately lengthy and difficult process to get all the paperwork completed. It is wrong for you to make innuendo that in some way I am damaging the image of Vietnamese teachers by suffering through this lengthy work permit process that most of us suffer through. I wonder how long you worked here before you finally had your work permit? Did you ever work a day without a work permit? If so, did that make you damage the reputation of teachers here in Vietnam?
ExpatLuke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty, the more you post, the more you alienate yourself and your cause. The sheer number of times you mention someone's name in a post makes it seem like there's something a little "off" about you. I'd wager this drunkenness on campus incident was not the only reason the school wanted to remove you.

You posted on a public forum to get the news out about how you believe you were unjustly fired from you job, but the majority of readers seem to think it's not as black and white as you're painting it. The more you argue with people about it, the more you're going to make people think you had it coming. Your best course of action would be to just say what happened and let people form their own opinions.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: