Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where should I advertise Skype tutoring?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alex1970

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Where should I advertise Skype tutoring? Reply with quote

I am currently working as a TEFL teacher outside of Moscow but my contract will be ending soon. I want to start tutoring via Skype but I don't know where to advertise. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
LAR1SSA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Where should I advertise Skype tutoring? Reply with quote

alex1970 wrote:
I am currently working as a TEFL teacher outside of Moscow but my contract will be ending soon. I want to start tutoring via Skype but I don't know where to advertise. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I would try applying for some online language schools like skypeeng so that you don't have to necessarily worry about getting students. There are also some other companies that hook you up with students and you work as an independent contractor. Otherwise you can try couchsurfing or something similar in the jobs section of Moscow.

I would suggest you try with a company first b/c I am teaching online for a Moscow firm and my first practice lesson was difficult b/c teaching online is VERY VERY different than teaching in person! I definitely am going to appreciate the training and support before I go guaranteeing students that I can give effective skype lessons!
alex1970

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Skype tutoring Reply with quote

Thanks. I can't find any company called 'Skypeeng' though, please can you clarify.
LAR1SSA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Skype tutoring Reply with quote

alex1970 wrote:
Thanks. I can't find any company called 'Skypeeng' though, please can you clarify.

This is the one that I was thinking of its advertised right here http://www.eslcafe.com/joblist/index.cgi?read=30085
alex1970

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Skype tutoring Reply with quote

Thanks, their application form is a bit extreme but I will give it a go.
maruss

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: who are you dealing with? Reply with quote

After going through their lengthy application process for over a week or I finally got an interview with the firm whose link is shown above yesterday. Although it seemed to go well, they e-mailed me today informing me that I was not selected for 'further interviews' whatever that means, but also saying that I can apply again for vacancies they advertise once two weeks have passed! No other explanation or information was given so I will leave it to people to draw their own conclusions.........
Not being in Russia and living thousands of miles away, I know nothing about this company other than what is on their website so perhaps I should have expected something like this? If anyone else has had any dealings with them I'd be interested to read about it? Thanks. As I have posted before, Russian firms seem to still have a habit of collecting data bases of people they might need, if and when in the future rather than advertising for vacancies they need people to fill now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: