Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starting TEFL with CIEE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tigerstyleone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me admit that my information was completely false.
I posted before I had all the facts.

Let me admit that there is no rule against an Egyptian getting a work visa to teach English in Vietnam or Japan.

I have found 1 teacher from a non-native country that obtained a working visa to teach English in Vietnam and Japan, so there. I admit I am 100% wrong. That one German guy did it so can he.

Good luck on your future TEFL career, and I apologize for posting what I though was true, but upon further investigation I learned I was incorrect.

#T.S.>one
Big_H

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigerstyleone wrote:
Let me admit that my information was completely false.
I posted before I had all the facts.
Let me admit that there is no rule against an Egyptian getting a work visa to teach English in Vietnam or Japan.
I have found 1 teacher from a non-native country that obtained a working visa to teach English in Vietnam and Japan, so there. I admit I am 100% wrong. That one German guy did it so can he.
Good luck on your future TEFL career, and I apologize for posting what I though was true, but upon further investigation I learned I was incorrect.

#T.S.>one

Fair enough.

Mark; I'm sorry for underestimating the number of years you've been in the TEFL business. After some years, experience can get to one's head and it becomes their only trump card; and that lead you to make that last post: riddled with assumptions, generalizations and wrong underestimations.

As I read your post, I saw that you guessed my qualifications and then made those predictions that left both me and Batman jealous of your deductive powers. It is mainly because I haven't even posted my qualifications (and will keep making a point of not posting them), or my ethnicity at least. Don't get me wrong, I love to congregate with my kind and conspire against the "white devils" as much as any other 3rd world countryman or self-respecting japanese would, but that's not the case here. I could also correct the number of misconceptions in your post, but seeing as how you based it only on my passport just makes it a moot point for me to give it any merit.

Please think of this as an eye-opener instead of taking it stubbornly as an argument; keep updating your skills in VN, cause the young'uns are coming Very Happy!
TRH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_H wrote:
... just makes it a moot point for me to give it any merit.
Now that we are having fun with words Cool isn't the last clause, after "moot point" a redundancy.

Good luck to you Big_H. I think you will do just fine.
Tigerstyleone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_H,

Can you start a blog and send us the link so we can follow your TEFL career in Vietnam.

thanks,
Big_H

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRH wrote:
Isn't the last clause, after "moot point" a redundancy.

Lmao!
Nope, I stand by what I said... it comes with the benefits of having a non native English passport

Tigerstyleone; I guess I could if it won't be too boring, but I won't be moving til this fall.
Tigerstyleone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big H

I must apologize. When I said working visa, what I meant was a government issued work permit. How will you get a work permit?
TRH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigerstyleone wrote:
Big H

I must apologize. When I said working visa, what I meant was a government issued work permit. How will you get a work permit?
Once again, where is it written that people from US, UK, AU etc are the only ones who can get work permits. I know of one person without a degree who has one even though that is an express requirement of the law. It just takes an employer who wants you enough to make it happen. Rolling Eyes I know Filipinos and Indians can get above board work permits as English teachers, so why not someone from Egypt where people have a high level of exposure to British English. It is true that the OP has not given us too much information on his qualifications, and why would he want to now, but I see nothing that disqualifies him. It is true that his wage level will probably be discounted, but that's another topic. I don't see why he shouldn't be able to get a work permit, assuming he has employer backing.

Tigerstyleone; Why do you keep insisting that he can't get one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: