Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Business Visa-American Academy (Dammam)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keyboard Kommando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Business Visa-American Academy (Dammam) Reply with quote

I was contacted by these guys, they want me to come on short notice on a business visa. Here's the terrible job description, low pay plus split shift. Does Saudi even allow the 90 day visas anymore? If caught, the teacher would probably be left hanging in the wind. Sounds as dodgy as EdEx, but with terrible pay:

Quote:
Certification: Any teaching qualification
Fields of Expertise: ESL/EFL ,
Details: American Academy is urgently looking for EFL teachers who are ready to relocate to Dammam - Saudi Arabia immediately. We are working on our US visas but we can proceed a business visit visa meanwhile!
Candidates must:
- have at least three years of teaching experience
- have an appropriate teaching qualification
- be American National
Salary:
9000 SR Basic Salary
2250 SR: Housing allowance
1250 SR: Transportation allowance
Extras:
Annual round trip flight ticket to home country
class A medical insurance
Working Hours:
Morning Shift: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Evenng Shift: 4:30-9:00 PM
Those interested, please drop us an email and we will contact you if shortlisted!
lcanupp1964

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made quite a few typing mistakes on this site. After all , we all get tired, or type something too fast, but to have a typo like "Evenng" on an ad advertising English teachers is the best way to leave the OP guessing on weather (ha! see - a typo) or not he/she should take the position.

The ad also claims, "We are working on our US visas". Ha! That's rich!

It won't matter what any of us think; you're going to do what you want to do. If you were a person I deeply cared about, I would shake you around the head and shoulders until you start making more sense. The job market "out there" must be brutal.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt KK is going to rush to take advantage of this one. At least they were honest that they will be having the teacher work illegally on a business visa.

Low low pay... though they aren't really requiring any credentials... though I wonder what they mean by "appropriate teaching qualification." All for the privilege of working from 9:00 in the morning to 9:00 a night... with a break in the middle of the day. Shocked

VS
scot47

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The working hours and salary are standard for private language schools in KSA. Entry level job and a way to get the foot in the door. The "business visa" is a bad deal through.

Split shifts are the norm, typically 9 t0 1 and 5 to 9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: