Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When should I start looking for summer work?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DosEquisX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: When should I start looking for summer work? Reply with quote

As a newbie to Spain, I am not sure when I should start looking for summer camps to teach in. My questions:

1) What is the common hourly rate for camps?
2) How many hours/week are common for camps?
3) How long are the camps?

Will I be working multiple summer camps during the summer to make ends meet or is being employed at one enough?
AGL81

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-As far as I know payment for camps isn't usually done on an hourly rate but as a flat fee per camp. I base this on experiences I know about. I also know pay can vary greatly, from €900/2 weeks to €1000/week, both including room+board (the last example was a rare occurrence). I'm sure others can add a whole lot of info about this and there must be plenty of outliers.

2-Camps I know about require the full involvement of the teachers. You'll be expected to handle classes, plus help out at mealtimes and during activities. They are generally very hard work and require a lot of committment. I can't speak for "day camps" where you don't stay on the premises.

3-I think the standard is 2 weeks, ocassionally you might come across other lengths (1 week or 1 month etc) but by and large 2 weeks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: