Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cau Giay District?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neederzzz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:34 am    Post subject: Cau Giay District? Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I recently got offered a job teaching English in the Cau Giay District in Hanoi. I don't know too much about this district, and all I can find online is that it's kind of a "boring" district to live in for expats.

I don't know how accurate that is though. Is anyone familiar with this district and can tell me some information about it? What is there to do? What is the general demographic there, are there a lot of other expats? Good restaurants? Is traffic chaotic here as well? Any tips or advice?

Anything else you want to add would be helpful too. Thanks!
Prof.Gringo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Cau Giay District? Reply with quote

neederzzz wrote:
Hello everyone,

I recently got offered a job teaching English in the Cau Giay District in Hanoi. I don't know too much about this district, and all I can find online is that it's kind of a "boring" district to live in for expats.

I don't know how accurate that is though. Is anyone familiar with this district and can tell me some information about it? What is there to do? What is the general demographic there, are there a lot of other expats? Good restaurants? Is traffic chaotic here as well? Any tips or advice?

Anything else you want to add would be helpful too. Thanks!

99.9% VNese population.

People speak VNese

Many "pho" places to eat

Also lot's of other fun things Laughing
LettersAthruZ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first arrived in Ha Noi a few years back, Cau Giay was basically the outskirts of Ha Noi - not much to do, not many services, etc. etc. - it was pretty much on the edge of the city bordering the countryside at that time.

Although, recently, when I go back to Ha Noi to visit, Cau Giay isn't the way it was when I left in 2011 - there are a lot more services now (for example, I believe that ACER computers has it's main repair shop in Cau Giay), a lot more Western restaurants, and a lot more.....well....people and activity.

I wouldn't totally write it off without having a look at it first. Hopefully, it's still a pretty reasonably-priced place to reside in (unlike most of Ha Noi).
BenE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot more apartment buildings and open spaces in this district. It's going to become more and more important as the govt in Hanoi have a decentralization policy.

Probably cheaper rent and if the job is ok then not bad lifestyle though you won't be able to meet so many other foreigners as in Ba Dinh or Tay Ho.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: