Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Z visa and a misdemeanor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wgmarker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject: Z visa and a misdemeanor Reply with quote

Is it possible to get a Z visa with a misdemeanor. One of my incoming teachers has 1. I checked the boards but all info seems outdated. Anyone with any current info?
Thanks!
Will
buffalobill12323

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misdemeanor can include such things as kidnapping and sexual assault - i suggest removing this post immediately
Zhejiang_Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A misdemeanor is a criminal offense for which a maximum imprisonment term of 12 months could be imposed.

Depending on the jurisdiction (in the US), examples of misdemeanors include: theft, shoplifting, prostitution, indecent exposure, public intoxication, simple assault, disorderly conduct, trespass, vandalism, reckless driving, driving without a license, driving without insurance, driving under the influence, possession of marijuana and others.

Question 4.5 on the China visa application form asks, "Do you have any criminal record in China or any other country?" There is no provision on the form to provide further details.

If a visa applicant answers 'yes' to question 4.5, it would be safe to assume that the embassy officer will ask for further details, and possibly documentation.

If the misdemeanor was a driving-related offence, chances are that a visa will still be granted. Other misdemeanor offences outlined in the above example may (would probably?) result in the visa application being rejected.
muffintop

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?

Dude seriously, what the hell are you talking about?
I imagine the OP is talking about the fact that SOME provinces and/or cities are requiring some form of a CBC now. Some are serious about it and others pretend to be while some do not give a crap.

To answer the OP's question directly...Yes, it's certainly possible though it may limit the available options. Since your asking about a specific school...you may want to mention the city so we may be able to give you better advice. There is no hard and fast rule across all the provinces or cities. All I can say is that I've seen a few folks with minor(ish) charges like DUI get a RP in Qigndao which is a city that has recently become fairly strict about this kind of thing. That means roughly...nothing though.
wgmarker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turnstile jumping in NYC. Guangdong province and thanks Muffintop!
fat_chris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgmarker wrote:
Turnstile jumping in NYC

Oh! I got ticketed for that once in the NYC as well. $60 fine. $%*#&!!! At least it didn't go on my record. Just got the fine and paid it.

The blasted MTA swipe: I swiped, it didn't read my card. I swiped again and got that blasted message--"Just Used", so I couldn't get through and I was in a hurry. The hell with that, I just went through the unlocked side gate for the disabled, strollers, etc. and got busted.

Geez, NYC, for being "the Capital of the World", you can be so backwards/third-world in many aspects. Sort out your ticket-reading turnstiles already.

I can't stand the MTA--what a wreck of a subway system.

Evil or Very Mad

Warm regards,
fat_chris
NoBillyNO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NYC, for being "the Capital of the World", you can be so backwards/third-world in many aspects.

Not hard to get a rotten bite out of da Big Apple....but then again .. no place but NYC has St Marks Pizza....
fat_chris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoBillyNO wrote:
Not hard to get a rotten bite out of da Big Apple....but then again .. no place but NYC has St Marks Pizza....

Haha! True this on all accounts.

Warm regards,
fat_chris
LPKSA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoBillyNO wrote:
Quote:
NYC, for being "the Capital of the World", you can be so backwards/third-world in many aspects.

St. Marks Pissa has nothing on Two Boots. I think I was in St. Marks Pizza once when a disgruntled Cuban woman was so wasted, they refused her service so she ran outside and karate kicked the storefront window and left a giant shatter mark then she ran. Crazy times. I wonder if she has a criminal record. I wonder if she would have a hard time finding a job in China.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: