Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Muay Thai gym in HCMC?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loerzel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Muay Thai gym in HCMC? Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a muay thai or jujitsu gym in Ho Chi Minh City? (other than K-1 fitness/fight factory)
Sudz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that Saigon BJJ is still going on. They have classes twice a week at the Manor. They also have boxing, but no foot work.

I'd also like to know about other Muay Thai gyms (I have my reasons for looking for options outside of K1). I've noticed Muay Thai advertised at a few local Vietnamese gyms, though language might be a factor. Rach Mieu stadium was one of the places in which I saw Muay Thai advertised. You can search for "Nha thi dau Rach Mieu" on google maps if you'd like to know the location.
loerzel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Sudz. I'll check it out and let you know what I find.
Cognitively Dissonant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan Haucourt, goes by "Joe', opened up MMA Fitness in District 7. Technically the address is Nha Be, but it's less than a km past Nguyen Van Linh (the main drag through Phu My Hung) off of Nguyen Huu Tho (the street Lotte Mart is on). It's a small place but everything is first-class and brand new. Downstairs is a workout area; free weights, machines, cardio, etc. that members are welcome to use anytime. Upstairs is the lesson area and a pro-shop, but he supplies the wraps, boxing and MMA gloves, shin guards, pads and what-have-you, all you'd need is your own mouth-guard.

He'll tailor the lessons for whatever you're interested in, boxing, muay thai, grappling, basic fitness, or any combination thereof. He's trained in Brazil and Thailand and is a French ex-champion. He's currently fighting MMA and has a match coming up in Malaysia.

He's a super nice guy, really easy going and a great teacher. The website is mmafitnessvn at gmail dot com and his number is 121 7765 801. If you end up going tell him you read about it here, I may get a discount Laughing
pandalumpini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Muay Thai & BJJ gym in Ho Chi Minh Reply with quote

There's a new MMA gym in The Vista Walk at District 2. They have Muay Thai, MMA, and BJJ classes. The gym is big and clean,and their instructors are Thai and Brazilian nationals. The gym's name is Optimistart MMA. You can google for more info.
1st Sgt Welsh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also the Saigon Sports Club. I have a friend who trains there regularly and I have heard nothing but good things Smile.

http://saigonsc.vn/en/cl1/Vo-Thuat.html
Tigerstyleone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you buy your sports and fitness gear?

I find a plethora of tennis & badminton apparel but what about other sports?

I would like some basketball shorts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: