Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are there any doctors there who use Prolotherapy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
talktome

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Are there any doctors there who use Prolotherapy? Reply with quote

Before you write a drawn-out lecture about morals and ethics, keep in mind that stem cells are not just found in fetuses. They be created from a living breathing adult as well.

I have been in pain for nearly 7 years and recently I have been writing posts about finding a good doctor or hospital that might do a hip procedure because of the arthritis.

However, surgical procedure are costly and might not always work.

I once went to a clinic while I was in Colombia and the doctor performed an injection treatment known as Prolotherapy.
Prolotherapy treatment involves a solution made with stems cells in it that is injected into the affected areas. The stem cells then turn into part of the area where they regenerate the cartilage or ligament thus alleviating the need for pain medication and even surgery.
I spoke to the doctors here and they say that the treatment could cost anywhere from $200-600 a visit and it is not covered by insurance.
After only 3 treatments, I started to see an improvement to the point where I was starting to run.
The bad thing about it is that if the treatments are not continued until full completion, then the affected areas become weak and return to the same state.

I know Thailand is good for natural treatments and alternative treatments, I thought someone here might have had the treatment done there and who can tell me about their experience.

Thank you and any and every response who can give would be greatly appreciated.
MaiPenRai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know nothing about it but this might be useful.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/592675-stem-cell-therapy-prolotherapy-prp/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: