Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed for finding the right country in the Middle East
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnslat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear SENTINEL33,

So you believe her post about leaving, but you're skeptical about her post about returning.

Just how do you tell which is worthy of credence and which is not? Apparently she's there now Aand I assume you're not - or am I wrong?). So, upon what do you base your skepticism about her most recent post?

Regards,
John
SENTINEL33

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnslat wrote:

So you believe her post about leaving, but you're skeptical about her post about returning.

Just how do you tell which is worthy of credence and which is not? Apparently she's there now Aand I assume you're not - or am I wrong?). So, upon what do you base your skepticism about her most recent post?

Well, my answer is yes and no.

I don't believe EITHER post. Did she really leave? I don't know....how would I know? Did she really return? Again, how would I know?

My point is --- in her "leaving" post, she said Egypt is now dangerous and probably would be for SEVERAL YEARS....and she advised any young woman not to try Egypt. And out she scuttled from Egypt like a gazelle with a wolf on her tail........ practically vowing never to return.

6 months later, SHAZAM, she's suddenly basking on the bilharzia-ridden banks of the Nile as if.......nothing had ever happened. Well, somethng DID happen.....at the very LEAST, she was totally wrong about Egypt to begin with and her "departure" was totally unnecessary.

So how reliable are her comments vis a vis Egypt if she was so wrong about it in the first place? Espeically when she doesn't admit to having goofed? I'll tellya now reliable.....not reliable at all.

(Most likely she went to "Europe" and was laughed out of every employment interview she had....I believe she wanted to go to Russia or someplace like that......so it was either back to Misery or face starvation).

Bottom line....don't make any employment decisions based on the "experiences" of posters on these forums.
johnslat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear SENTINEL33,

Boy, you do seem to like to make a lot of ill/non-informed guesses about the poster:

"Most likely she went to "Europe" and was laughed out of every employment interview she had....I believe she wanted to go to Russia or someplace like that......so it was either back to Misery or face starvation)."

So, while I disagree with what you wrote:

"Bottom line....don't make any employment decisions based on the "experiences" of posters on these forums."

I would say that readers probably shouldn't make any decisions based on what people who make wild speculations post.

Regards,
John
SENTINEL33

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Johnslat:

I'm wondering why you post at all. Your last 2 msgs addressed to me on this thread serve no purpose......they really don't say anything useful at all. They're sort of ...I don't know what the word is really......"inane" or "mindless" come to mind. Perhaps you're trying to be jocular.....if so, it ain't working......not even close.

I often wonder why people post. It's like they really have nothing to say but insist on seeing their names in print.

I guess once they realize they're never going to see their name "In Lights", seeing it in print is better'n nothing at all.....

It's kind of like "sefl-publishing". Once your "book" has been met with scorn and ridicule and you finally realize it will never be accepted by a main-stream publisher, why, you just go ahead and publish it yourself anyway via Amazon or some such and.....there you are !!! Shazam !! A published author!! (Pathetic).

Last edited by SENTINEL33 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnslat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear SENTINEL33,

When I see a poster making inane, wild suppositions, ones that unjustly impugn another poster and, moreover, mislead other posters, I don't just walk on by.

If that bothers you, don't read my posts. I'll keep reading yours, though.

Regards,
John
SENTINEL33

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, don't worry...I'll continue reading your posts....The Germans have a good word for this.....Schadenfreude........ It's when other people look so ludicrous it makes me look so smart and superior. Please do keep on posting to your heart's content.
johnslat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear SENTINEL33

Why, thanks, I will Very Happy

The way you're heading, though, I have my doubts regarding how much longer you'll be posting here.

Regards,
John
SENTINEL33

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Johnslat - I really pushed your buttons, didn't I? Now you're threatening me. I wonder what is causing this virulent jealousy on your part...I'm just an innocent poster. Tsk Tsk.
johnslat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear SENTINEL33,

Threatening you? My goodness - it would seem reading comprehension is not your strong suit. How could I be "threatening" you, seeing as how I have no control over who posts here and who doesn't?

Having been on Dave's for quite a while, I do, however, know that posters who tend to post nasty, uncalled for remarks usually disappear.

I'd say "a word to the wise . . . .." but I'm afraid that would be misaddressed.

Very Happy

Regards,
John
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: