Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

websites for job postings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yellow earth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: websites for job postings Reply with quote

Other than Dave's,(Dave's is great) are there any good websites with job postings for teachers in Taiwan?
Ferfichkin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for cram school jobs, Tealit probably has the most.
Spelunker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:21 am    Post subject: taiwan is OVER! Reply with quote

I'd personally stay at home young fella mi lad, or seek work in China. Too many hoops and swings and roundabouts to go through to work in Taiwan. Why has ME, yes ME, got to fly back to the UK to get my degree notarized in London, and why can it not be done in Taipei or Hong Kong, sheer bloody minded stubborn ness that is 'effing well why?!?!?!

I'd forget Taiwan and go somewhere it is made easier for foreigners to earn a living, and things are more cut and dried. That's just me mind, I don't think I'd like Taiwan much anyway, seems too many foreign sycophants and that is just CRAP! Rolling Eyes Embarassed Laughing
Ferfichkin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why has ME, yes ME, got to fly back to the UK to get my degree notarized in London

Did you not have the original copy of your degree? I was never asked for a notarized copy of my degree.
Spelunker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:01 am    Post subject: yes. the original Reply with quote

In answer to your question, yes, the original with photocopies.Taipei and Hong Kong both tell me the same thing, I must go home, financially and physically I am unable and unwilling to do that, for now at least.

Thanks again,

Al
Ferfichkin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In answer to your question, yes, the original with photocopies.Taipei and Hong Kong both tell me the same thing, I must go home, financially and physically I am unable and unwilling to do that, for now at least.

I'm curious, why did you need photocopies when you had the original? And when you say Taipei and Hong Kong both told you that you need to go home, who told you? A recruiter or a school?

I've never used a recruiter, so I can't comment on them. But it's strange that a school told you that you need a notarized copy of your degree. I never had a school in Taiwan ask me for a notarized degree. What kind of job were you applying for? Cram school? Public school? International school? University?

I'm interested in your case because I've met a lot of teachers in Taiwan, and I've never heard of one having to supply a notarized copy of their degree. Maybe it's a new rule.
Spelunker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:10 am    Post subject: thks for reply Reply with quote

It could well be a new rule, or it might have just been this one agency, dewey, have you heard of them Rolling Eyes Confused Question

Either way, after a BOATLOAD of visa trouble in China, I'm not keen to get myself into more. Can anyone confirm or deny what degree is acceptable and if a visa run to HONG KONG is OK or NOT from TAIWAN ISLANDS?

Anyone at ALL, your HELP will be much APPRECIATED. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Surprised Shocked Cool
Ferfichkin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It could well be a new rule, or it might have just been this one agency, dewey, have you heard of them

I've heard of them, but I've never used them. Maybe it's specific to them. I'm not sure.

Quote:
Can anyone confirm or deny what degree is acceptable and if a visa run to HONG KONG is OK or NOT from TAIWAN ISLANDS?

Hong Kong is the most common location for a visa run from Taiwan. What do you mean 'Taiwan islands'?
hanlier

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spelunker,

From which country are you? I know that for South Africans, the rule and requirement is that you need a notarized degree from your home country. If from US or England, you don't need that, as usually said information is available online.

If you really need to get this done, there are probably people/companies in your home country that can get it done for you at a fee. Question remains - which country do you come from. IF you're already in Taiwan, and your recruiter didn't tell you this before you came over, they pulled a bad one on you.

Hope you can somehow get sorted.
Spelunker

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: re: islands? Reply with quote

Quote:
What do you mean 'Taiwan islands'?

Sorry was rather on a rant there and steaming, but Taiwan and all it's lands as they may well be. the penghu islands per se?

Thanks for all the advice guys, I'm sure this is the usual asian bloodymindedness, but it defies all logic!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: