Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visa arrangements and job chances

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archon Musa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Visa arrangements and job chances Reply with quote

Hello all,

After doing some job-hunting from Europe I've come to the conclusion that as someone with no experience it's really unlikely I'll get a job-offer or even an interview from outside Chile for ESL teaching positions. Given that this is the case, I've been thinking of showing up on a tourist visa and looking for work - if I find something, I'd presumably have to leave the country and apply for a work visa abroad using my contract.

I'm wondering: Do I really have no option except this? Also, does it seem at all realistic to those of you currently living in Chile that someone could find work in June, with TEFL certification but no experience?

All the best, and thank you for your time.
MannaFromKevin

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: BUMP Reply with quote

Sorry, nothing to offer in response, but I'd be very interested as well if someone had some answers to your questions.

Anyone? Smile
mtiz

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been to Chile, but I have several friends that have travelled to Chile and taught EFL there. Usually most Latin American countries want you to be present in the country for an interview. I know Chile is a big hot spot for EFL teaching right now, so I honestly think you would have no problem going there and finding a job.

A lot of places may hire you without papers and let you just make visas runs - I have several friends that did that. But that depends on if you're ok with doing that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Chile All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: