Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Language link ekaterinberg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roywebcafe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Language link ekaterinberg Reply with quote

Has anyone worked for this school before? Have a job interview coming up soon and like some input about experiences and information. Am an experienced teacher who has never worked in russia.
maruss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Language Link Reply with quote

Their schools are run as franchises and this often means that they vary from place to place regarding conditions and whether they are good ..or to be avoided!!You will find horror stories about some of them....but also good reports such as those by Teacher x on this site who works for one in S.W. Moscow and seems to be generally enjoying his experiences so far!
A lot has to do with what you expect to find and also how good you are at coping with adversity, especially as you have not worked in Russia before.
I have never worked in Yekaterinburg though so I hope that someone who has will post under this thread before you have to make that crucial decision?. Have you ever been there before?
roywebcafe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No never. Not been to Russia. Lots of other countries though am looking at other schools in Russia also
teacher X

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, as Maruss has already mentioned, a lot of it comes purely down to luck. I've heard really bad things about some LLs, but I appear to have been quite lucky and ended up in a laid back, teacher friendly school.

I'm not really sure what questions you could ask to ascertain the quality of the school since it's pretty easy for the DOS/Admin to lie.

Just do as much research as you can (and you obviously are) before committing. If something smells fishy, give it a miss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: