Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Switching schools during contract - how to handle the visa?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buckeye6482

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Switching schools during contract - how to handle the visa? Reply with quote

Hey I was wondering of the possibility in switching schools within Moscow while the visa was filed under the original school's name. In order to stay legal, is there any way I might not need to return to my country (USA) to apply for a new visa?
teacher X

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would depend on your relationship with the school in question.
If it's an amicable departure, I'm sure that the wont cancel your visa until you can arrange something new.

If, however, it's not amicable (which I suspect it isn't, since you're asking us) I would maybe speak to your next employer first and see what they say.

You may just need to do a visa run to Riga.

Sorry, I just realised that this wasn't of any help at all.
Good luck and let us know what you eventually do.
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, teacher x, that is about all anyone can say. I don't there is any way to switch the employer's name on the same visa. But a teacher can work for two different employers, the second employer being part-time. Depends on if your first employer will agree to that, what with taxes etc.
buckeye6482

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input and advice. I guess it will be up to how the new school wants to handle it.
maruss

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: A tricky question! Reply with quote

Legally the employers name on a work permit cannot be altered but needless to say this problem has been overcome in some cases, just like many things in Russia ! It depends most of all on whether the employer it was issued for will agree to you leaving and working somewhere else, rather than leaving the country? The main thing they are afraid of is the tax office coming after them and demanding exhorbitant amounts later on-this is a major problem in Russia and a notorious bed of corruption!
You have not said anything about why you want to leave the firm-presumably because you have found a better offer somewhere else? If you can do so on good terms and get on well with their admin. dept. they might well be prepared to help you sort something out? How long have you been working for them though as this is also likely to influence their attitude....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: