Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Al-Tarbiyah Al-Namouthajiyah
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jijor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Al-Tarbiyah Al-Namouthajiyah Reply with quote

I've search high and low for information on this school, and can find virtually nothing. Does anyone have information on them?

Thanks.
jijor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Found link Reply with quote

So far I've found trbyh.edu.sa. Their website.

I haven't found any third-party information though.
jijor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Website Reply with quote

About 80% of the links on their site are broken. So far, there are no comments by expats on this school.

No news is good news.
river nile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jijor,
I am just like u ( new here ).
If it is the old Tarbiyah School it is one of the oldest schools in Saudi and I think they are based in Riyadh.
Their FB page is all in Arabic unfortunately.
have a look if u wish https://www.facebook.com/altarbiya
jijor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Thanks River Nile, those photo's were really helpful. Are you talking to them right now?
river nile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,
sorry to post twice but I've also found web page but 'as usual' in Arabic.
http://0350f62.netsolhost.com/trbyh/
I don't know if we allowed to post websites here or not but thats what I've found so far.
river nile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks River Nile, those photo's were really helpful. Are you talking to them right now?

No, but what I did as I am bilingual I searched by using Arabic keyboard. I knew back in the 2000s ( 2001-2006) someone who used to work for them.
jijor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know. Is that person still with them, or are you in contact with that person?
river nile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Good to know. Is that person still with them, or are you in contact with that person?

Check ur PM.
Their English website is almost useless but as I said they have a good reputation. Did u get direct hire or through an agency ( recruiting company)?
jijor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Direct Reply with quote

It was direct. I don't use recruiters anymore.

That's what I'm interested in... their reputation. As far as I can tell, they are solid. Their website...well, that is just a work in progress.

Will continue through PM.
SENTINEL33

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This institution is a private elementary, middle and secondary school in the Rayyan section of Al-Riyadh. They've grown in recent years so that now they have 4 schools scattered throughout the capital city.

According to their Arabic website, they also have pre-kindergarten facilities. Since they are private, that means they are expensive and cater to the children of the local landed gentry. They also have a girls' section.

I doubt they'd hire westerners, but you never know. Their website leaves much to be desired technically so you can't really rely on it.

The full name of the school is "Madaris Al-Tarbiyah Al-Namouthajiyah" which means "The Schools of Exemplary Education" to which I say Wink
jijor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Deatiled Info Reply with quote

Thanks for that detailed info. According to the interview I had last week, it appears they do hire Westerners.

Not sure if I got the position though. Time will tell.
bigdurian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work there so I can give you some info about the place. This is my second year there and the international section is in its third year. Presuming you are male this is where you would be working. The owner is Khalid Al K(MOD edit) who also owns Yamamah University. He's obviously doing well out of the education business because he's had his brand new Bentley parked in front of admin for the past few months.

The school works on an American system trying to tie everything in with the American Common Core Standards. The school is trying to get accreditation from AdvancedEd and they got candidate status last year. About 98% of the kids are Saudi with the odd Syrian or Yemeni thrown in. The school's main site, as of next year will be from KG to GR5 and GR7 to GR10. If you're male you will be in the high school.

Good sides to the school are:

1) Apart from the odd f***up they pay on time and the right amount.

2) Everybody gets an Iqama no problem. I waited 6 weeks for mine last year but when my wife and kids came they got theirs in 2 days. Teachers who arrived this year got their Iqama in about 2 weeks. So that isn't something you have to worry about.

3) Accommodation is IMO fine. You get a 2 bedroom apartment in an apartment complex. There is enough space outside that you don't feel hemmed in. There is a small pool and a tiny gym with a couple of running machines and two weight machines. It's better than nothing and compared to some of the horror stories you hear it's okay.

4) The students are great. This is my first job in Saudi and I have been pleasantly surprised by the kids. Yes, they all come from very wealthy families but you can have a good time with them and the actual teaching is the best part of it for me.

The bad points are:

1) The school is in rapid change and they have been trying to implement a lot of changes in the way things are run. It often seems like a case of too much too soon.

2) Poor resources and facilities. Be prepared to make a lot of classroom material yourself. I've personally developed a lot of the curriculum and scheme of work because they were starting from scratch.

3) Site: they're in the third building in as many years and are currently sharing in the same building as the national school which does cause problems somtimes.

4) Admin: to quote a guy who left last year,"They couldn't organise a prayer in a Mosque!" and that is often the way it feels sometimes. Is this particular to this school though? Probably not.

5) Difficulty in retaining teachers and a high turnover makes for not much stability, which is what the school really needs right now as it undergoes rapid changes.

On the whole I think that next year could be make or break in many ways for the international section as it gets bigger.

There are other things I could add or be more specific about, but if the OP wants to PM me for more info then I'm more than happy to help. We need a lot of Western teachers to make the school work so the more the merrier. At the moment the school is too reliant on Egyptians who have no incentive to make things happen. It could be really good if the school is prepared to fork out the cash for Western teachers. Watch this space!
yasmin361

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

My question is for jijor, did you get any reply from al tarbiyah? Smile
yasmin361

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

My question is for jijor, did you get any reply from al tarbiyah? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: