Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new place to go to for a couple days...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inotu-unotme

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: new place to go to for a couple days... Reply with quote

Does anyone have any suggestions of where my husband and I can go for a couple days?

The question came up when we heard the price on Cancun hotels. We just want to go somewhere different without breaking the budget. We were hoping to go somewhere we could go dressed up one night, maybe eat out one night, listen to nightclub music and be fairly safe. We don't have to go near the ocean because we live a few blocks from the ocean now. We were hoping for someplace that won't break the budget. Any suggestions?
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: new place to go to for a couple days... Reply with quote

inotu-unotme wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions of where my husband and I can go for a couple days?

The question came up when we heard the price on Cancun hotels. We just want to go somewhere different without breaking the budget. We were hoping to go somewhere we could go dressed up one night, maybe eat out one night, listen to nightclub music and be fairly safe. We don't have to go near the ocean because we live a few blocks from the ocean now. We were hoping for someplace that won't break the budget. Any suggestions?

If you don't already know the Colonial cities, I would suggest San Miguel de Allende or Zacatecas. Both are very beautiful with a lot of nightlife, nice restaurants and plenty of things to do during the day as well. If you haven't been to Mexico City, you might want to go there, there is a huge range of prices for everything, I can recommend a very nice hotel, off the beaten path a bit, but connected to downtown by the Metrobus. Did you have anything in particular you wanted to do besides nightlife? If you do decide on Zacatecas or DF I can suggest nice places to stay that won't break the budget, or did you have a price range in mind that you wanted to spend?
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always loved Taxco, Guerrero as a weekend getaway...not sure how close that is to you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy Courchesne wrote:
I've always loved Taxco, Guerrero as a weekend getaway...not sure how close that is to you.

Ah, yes, didn't think of Taxco, it's beautiful, be prepared to walk up and down a lot, or take one of the combis that circulate through town. I also love Puebla, it's probably my favorite city in Mexico.
Phil_K

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valle de Bravo, too.
inotu-unotme

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: new place to go to for a couple days... Reply with quote

BadBeagleBad wrote:
inotu-unotme wrote:

If you don't already know the Colonial cities, I would suggest San Miguel de Allende or Zacatecas. Both are very beautiful with a lot of nightlife, nice restaurants and plenty of things to do during the day as well. If you haven't been to Mexico City, you might want to go there, there is a huge range of prices for everything, I can recommend a very nice hotel, off the beaten path a bit, but connected to downtown by the Metrobus. Did you have anything in particular you wanted to do besides nightlife? If you do decide on Zacatecas or DF I can suggest nice places to stay that won't break the budget, or did you have a price range in mind that you wanted to spend?

Well... The Cancun hotel was about $70 - $100 per night off season all inclusive including all the food. I think I was hoping for something a little lower. My husband eats constantly so I was thinking all inclusive was the way to go. I can't stress enough the eating situation with my husband. Indirectly I was hoping for some sort of package deal. I don't know if thats possible or if we would have better luck staying somewhere thats simply all inclusive so all food is covered. Or so we don't break the bank is it better to stay at a 'cheap' but safe hotel and eat off the street?

I think its difficult for me because I'm used to Vegas packages that include airfare and everything for a pretty low price. We were wanting to go somewhere for 3 days - 4 nights. Somewhere with hopefully impressive views. My husband likes swimming and fishing. If I could charter some sort of fishing thing for him he would think that was cool. I like shopping, architecture and art museums.

I will check into all the cities listed, thanks all.
MotherF

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is this even a question, the answer is clearly Oaxaca.
Razz
Isla Guapa

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MotherF wrote:
Razz

Indeed!
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MotherF wrote:
Razz

haha, yeah, silly me!
mtiz

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oaxaca is a good choice, cheaper. Maybe Acapulco. I am going next week for a few days myself.
inotu-unotme

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok no one needs to sell me more... I will check into Oaxaca. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: