Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AGU,kayseri

View previous topic :: View next topic  
baa_baa

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: AGU,kayseri Reply with quote

Hi,

I think my next stop is Kayseri at AGU, 3 hours away from Ankara. I have no idea about that place. I don't even know what to think. I know ankara istanbul Izmir are modern cities who stand against the entire religion dilemma. But how is it in Kayseri. Will it be like saudi. You know with people fasting and ladies wearing scarves?

Any idea on rent? Hate moving. [/i]
Richard62

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty, are you a teacher? Why does it matter to you if there are people wearing scarves? If I were you, rather than asking silly questions, I would make an effort to learn the punctuation rules.
CVN-76

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard62 wrote:
In all honesty, are you a teacher? Why does it matter to you if there are people wearing scarves? If I were you, rather than asking silly questions, I would make an effort to learn the punctuation rules.

Indeed. To know there are people out there with great creds and teaching ability who are rejected for good jobs or get fired over nonsense; meanwhile, those I'd label 'substandard' somehow maintain job security and always seem to be going to work somewhere after their current contracts end.
Otterman Ollie

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, indeedie, the wise man who once said, you can't fool everyone all the time, never came to this place!
Btw, the place of which you ask is conservative, expect to see people fasting, that means you DO NOT eat openly on the street, and ladies wearing not only headscarves but a lot more as well, some may even wear clothes!
Shalana

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize the modern cities were against the religion dilemma. What dilemma? I didn't realize there was one.

On a more serious note. I'm American and have lived in Turkey for 7 years now and spent one month in Kayseri. I had no problems with anyone and could live my life how I wanted. This shouldn't be a concern for anyone as far as I can see.
baa_baa

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes my punctuation is wrong. I'll be more careful.

I'm sorry for causing all this. Thank you for your replies.
baa_baa

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shalana wrote:
I didn't realize the modern cities were against the religion dilemma. What dilemma? I didn't realize there was one.

On a more serious note. I'm American and have lived in Turkey for 7 years now and spent one month in Kayseri. I had no problems with anyone and could live my life how I wanted. This shouldn't be a concern for anyone as far as I can see.

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad there's no problem. I've chatted with few Turkish people. They told me all kinds of things... So I just wanted an expats point of view.

RICHARD- not everybody is like you who want to live in harmony. Come on you guys, there are prejudice people.

It's difficult not to ask about these situations. I won't be talking about what I've heard I just wanted a specific answer which I got from shalana.

Yes otterman ollie thank you for pointing out that they were clothes as well.

You guys why do you feel you have to answer posts that bother you as well. Couldn't you just have moved on?

Ok take care bye
SiameseCat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Baba,

I am also interested in AGU Smile I do understand your point though , i think that area might be a bit more conservative than Ankara or Istanbul, but still way less strict than super extreme Saudi. I think you will be ok Smile

PS, just wondering if this time (Jan) would be too early to apply for the September semester? when is hiring season anyway?

Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: