Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TESL/TEFL/ESL certificate a requirement for visa approval?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basil Seal

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: TESL/TEFL/ESL certificate a requirement for visa approval? Reply with quote

We're looking into hiring a few teachers at the university I work for in Oaxaca and one of the applicants we're considering has several years of experience and a university degree but lacks any sort of "official" TEFL etc. certification.

I've read in other threads that this has sometimes led to INM not approving visa applications in the past and I just wanted to check in with you all to see if anyone can shed any any light on this.

Is it always needed and we shouldn't even try to submit a visa application w/o some sort or TEFL credential?

Or does it just all depend on which individual agent at INM reviews the file and if we submit there's an okay chance of getting the application approved?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Basil Seal on Thu May 29, 2014 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Immigration is always looking for the word 'English' on a degree, and little more in my experience.

I assume that when you say TOEFL you mean TEFL? If so, a TEFL diploma or certificate is also what immigration looks for. You're fine to put it through that way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Basil Seal

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guy. Sorry, yes TEFL is what I meant to say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: