Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big city summer language camps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General North America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teechagimme

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Big city summer language camps? Reply with quote

I've got a CELTA and 3 years of experience teaching in Asia and the M.E. and I think that I would like to work for one of the programs that shows foreign students around some of the major tourist attractions while giving them some classroom time. It would be really nice if the program had students from some different countries coming together to learn. Pairing up kids whose only common language is this English teacher's idea of fun.
spiral78

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is that those big cities are heavily populated by hungry ESL teachers grabbing up those summer school jobs as fast as possible - with the added advantage of insider knowledge of all the cool attractions in the area.

Maybe target your own home city, where you might have a bit of an edge and some useful contacts?
teechagimme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I dearly love my home in the Great Lakes Region of the midwest, it's charm goes largely unrecognized by the rest of the world and I would like to put my map reading skills to use,
teechagimme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I dearly love my home in the Great Lakes Region of the midwest, it's charm goes largely unrecognized by the rest of the world and I would like to put my map reading skills to use,
Didah

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You might want to try Ardmore Language Schools. They have summer camps on both coasts. I filled out an online application and was offered a job for the six weeks their program is running. I worked for them before and they are a good organization.

Good luck.
scintillatestar

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In NYC, you could also try LSI, ELS, and Rennert.

A lot of programs have summer schools. Some K-12 teachers work in these programs, but they often have conections that lead to jobs at higher paying camps. See below for two schools looking for teachers @ $20/hr.

ESL Teacher
Posted: April 28, 2014

Type:� part-time
Organization:� ZUMA Education
Description:
ZUMA Education is looking for qualified ESL teachers for its International Summer Camp at Manhattan College, New York. Our courses are designed to develop learner proficiency in English using communicative, student centered methodology. We specifically focus on language activation, confidence building, and communicative competence. Our syllabus is topic based and focuses on useful, practical, functional language, which the learners will use in real life. Courses include a full leisure, activity and excursion program.

Qualifications: Educated to degree level or equivalent Current teaching qualification, Cambridge CELTA or Trinity TESOL certificate, or equivalent Experience with and a responsible approach to working with young learners

Salary: $20/hour

Application procedure: Please send resume and cover letter to Marco Schiavello at [email protected]

Closing Date:: June 1, 2014

AND
EFL Summer School Teacher
Posted: April 14, 2014

Type: Part-time
Organization: LAL Language Centers US
Description:

Part-time EFL Teacher to teach international students aged 13 - 18 enrolled on a short residential language course in July 2014. Students come from all over the world to study ESOL and participate in our Leisure Program. Teachers are expected to teach 15 contact hours with a minimum of 3 hours preparation per week.

All materials including a Young Learner Coursebook are supplied by LAL. We are looking for certified teachers with experience in ESOL and teaching young learners. Experience of working abroad preferred.

Qualifications: BA and TESOL

Salary: USD20 per hour

Application procedure: Download job description and complete application form from below website:http://www.lalgroup.com/g/en/careers

email completed application form to [email protected]

Web Site:: http://www.lalschools.com
Closing Date:: June 20, 2014
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIG CITY SUMMER LANGUAGE CAMPS = SMALL MONEY @ $20/Hour...Heck I made more than that in Canada 30 years ago! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General North America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: