Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Primary school or kindergarten jobs in Eastern Europe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imisssaitama

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Primary school or kindergarten jobs in Eastern Europe Reply with quote

I'm currently teaching English in a primary school in Spain. I was hoping to make a move to another European country come the end of the next academic year. I had my sights on Eastern and Central Europe. Especially Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland or maybe even Croatia or Serbia. But above all Hungary. By then I'll have 9 years experience teaching kids, 7 of those in Japanese and Spanish public schools. But unfortunately experience is all I have, although in abundance. I have no certification in teaching.

Any information about this line of work in Eastern and Central Europe would be great! Thanks! Oh, I'm an EU citizen by the way.
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without certification ? I think not. If you do succeed the problem will be getting a salary sufficient to live on. Locals have ties of family, kin and friendship. You will have none of these to support you.

Working in an international school on an international salary could be the way to go but seriously - without certification ???????
imisssaitama

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I should explain. My current primary school position is as a "conversation teacher" to supplement the English education already being provided. These jobs are becoming increasingly more common in Spain and are ten a penny in Asia. I was wondering about Eastern Europe on the off chance that such positions existed. If I could find primary school work in Spain I didn't see why not in Eastern Europe. (Was actually told a couple of years ago I could never get such a job in Spain and soon I'll have two well-paid positions here). I realize that the Spanish industry is very into native speakers to the exclusion of most other things (it really is, been here for two years). I've heard that Eastern Europe is a little different so I thought I better start asking questions.
Believe me, if the CELTYL still existed I would jump at the chance to do it. If anyone can recommend any certification for teaching children that won't entail me returning to university for years on end and basically becoming a full blown primary school teacher in the UK I'd like to know about it. Especially if it will help me get jobs in Eastern Europe.

Should have explained the exact nature of the work I was looking for. Sorry about that!
Xie Lin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Hungary schools have jobs for native speakers, and do not require teacher certification. Pay is in the $400-$600 range, sometimes with housing, so you'll have to decide if you can/want to work for that. You don't mention a degree, but assuming you have one, you should qualify. Check out CETP for various job requirements, pay, benefits. They recruit non-EU teachers, and you won't need their (expensive) services; but their job listings should give you a better sense of what is available in Hungary.

imisssaitama

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much!
Very Happy
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind getting your CV for the next year - we don't have anything this year, but I'm 99% certain we'll have an opening next year. Send me a PM and we can talk Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: