Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HCT hiring process. Skype interview and now what??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Fifth Column

Location: His habitude with lexical items protrudes not unlike a damaged pollex!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: WOW!!! Reply with quote

SirAristede wrote:
The Fifth Column wrote:
Am I the only one or do others find it sadly ironic (for the desperately "hopeful", I mean) that this thread is fighting for top billing with the one named "Firing season @ HCT"?

Seriously, those thinking about jumping onto this train wreck, doesn't that EVEN give you the SLIGHTEST bit of pause???

Or, do YOU think that they will reform for YOUR sake when they see how they've abused YOU, too???

Some folks just can't ditch that messiah complex, you know... Laughing

Yeah, but doesn't EVEN that involve critical thinking??? How can one teach the skill of critical thinking if they can't display it in their own decision-making processes! Sheesh!!!
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some need the money... some need the job. This might be a step up from a job that is as bad or worse... in a country that pays half as much. The information is here for those who want it. To me the key is to know what you are getting into...

VS
The Fifth Column

Location: His habitude with lexical items protrudes not unlike a damaged pollex!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
Some need the money... some need the job. This might be a step up from a job that is as bad or worse... in a country that pays half as much. The information is here for those who want it. To me the key is to know what you are getting into...

VS

Well, VS, those, forgive my being forward, are all givens. I've said my peace. I'll make a second parting observation on this thread (unless challenged):

Not ONE of the desperate hopeful have posted in defiance saying that they have been fully informed of the situation on the ground, yet, hard-earned Master's fully-in-hand (or the DELTA) are defying reality because: (Fill out the blank with a reasoned/educated response).
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one suggested that they did. But no reason to insult these people for choices that they may have to make sometimes...

VS
The Fifth Column

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
No one suggested that they did. But no reason to insult these people for choices that they may have to make sometimes...

VS

I think that introducing the term "insult" is, well, unfortunate. I feel that I pointed the obvious of two significant and universally opposed threads fighting for top (or were) billing at a point in space & time. As a "discussion board", it was intended to invite discussion.

If that "insults", then...well... Shocked
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is much not terribly well-hidden innuendo from various posters that those who don't follow his/her advice and still choose to take these jobs are fools at best.

I consider that an insult, but perhaps you don't. It is sadly common all over this board.

VS
The Fifth Column

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
There is much not terribly well-hidden innuendo from various posters that those who don't follow his/her advice and still choose to take these jobs are fools at best.

I consider that an insult, but perhaps you don't. It is sadly common all over this board.

VS

Why don't we let that be the final word, then. Wink
CDAN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: HCT hiring process. Skype interview and now what?? Reply with quote

jmvkjmvk wrote:
Hi there. I sent in an app with HCT a few months back and they finally notified me directly in an email requesting an interview. We had a Skype interview and then ...POOF! Nothing for 3 weeks.

Is this normal? Does anyone know what happens during the hiring process at HCT?

Thanks

I too had an interview with them and they gave me some timelines for when I could expect a response. I was advised to follow up with an email to the admin person who had initially contacted me if I hadn't heard anything in two weeks. Have you tried this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: