Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

link - learn the 'basics' of any foreign language for free

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 5:38 am    Post subject: link - learn the 'basics' of any foreign language for free Reply with quote

Hello Forum:

I just posted this link a few minutes ago on the thread by Joel, who is working on a language project ... and I thought it might come in handy for others as well.

In fact, when I was still living in Korea a few years ago, I used this website to learn the basics of Russian, so that when I arrived in Russia, I already knew the numbers, basic greetings, and how to find the nearest bathroom. Very Happy

Also ideal for people going on holiday for a week or 2 who don't want to look totally stupid.

When you click on the link below, WAIT for the page to fully load; then scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you will see the National flags of almost 100 different countries.

Click on the country of your choice, and Voila! You will now see several categories, including Basic words, Numbers, Travel, Places, and Time and Dates. Click on any of those links, and you will find exactly what you're looking for. There are also 'sound files' so you can actually HEAR how the words are pronounced.

This is a FREE website, so be prepared for some annoying ad banners and a couple of pop-ups. That's the price you pay for getting this stuff for free.

Here's the link: www.travlang.com/languages/

Enjoy Exclamation

Regards,
keNt

PS: Please be patient for the page to load fully. With my crappy modem, it takes a full 60 seconds. Until you see the colored flags at the bottom of the page ... you're not there yet.

Last edited by Kent F. Kruhoeffer on Sat May 03, 2003 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
slaqdog

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 6:15 am    Post subject: t'anks Reply with quote

thanks for that
Roger

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kent's a dependable chap! Thanks for yet another good idea and a website that's worth visiting!
Sunpower

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your contribution KeNt!
yrs.
SP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: