Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who will win the 2014 FIFA World Cup?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win the 2014 FIFA World Cup
Argentina
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Brazil
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Germany
37%
 37%  [ 12 ]
Italy
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
the Netherlands
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Spain
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
other
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 32

fat_chris

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brazil vs. the Netherlands

The Netherlands

Russia, 2018, Comrades.

Warm regards,
fat_chris
fat_chris

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case you were wondering...

Germany vs. Argentina in World Cups

http://www.thesoccerworldcups.com/head_to_head/argentina_vs_germany.php

Any tips on the final? I say that this year's will have the score of '86 with the result of '90, that is, Germany will win 3-2 in 2014.

Warm regards,
fat_chris
Cool Teacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now voted in the poll and I back Za Churmans Very Happy

Come on Germanyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Laughing

Cool
Larry Legend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game itself is obviously flawed when it is sometimes decided by an act that I could potentially get lucky on right now in my street clothes....(penalty kick: Argentina/Netherlands)...and the constant flopping among everybody is beyond embarrassing.
Mushkilla

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My heart says Argentina, but my head says Germany.! Laughing

Like politics, the match will be difficult to predict, and may be there will be unexpected surprises from both sides?
Cool Teacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Legend wrote:
The game itself is obviously flawed when it is sometimes decided by an act that I could potentially get lucky on right now in my street clothes....(penalty kick: Argentina/Netherlands)...and the constant flopping among everybody is beyond embarrassing.

Its the best of all the suggested other ideas of finishing the game. Actually I think it might work better if Van Gaal had tried to do what he did lst time. He reaully mucked it up this time I reackong. Shocked

Cool
Larry Legend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to like soccer as I just love sports in general (I'm from America) . I really do...but I cannot get past the constant flopping and games decided by penalty kicks...For the record...Tim Howard was on the popular Mike and Mike sports radio show and he said that one of the Mike's (overweight, probably close to 50 years old) would definitely get lucky more than a couple times out of a 100 on a penalty kick. And this is how to the World Cup will eventually be decided? Makes no sense to me.

Penalty kicks are really considered the best way to end a game? Granted , I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to soccer...but I know sports and to me...a better outcome would be taking away a couple players from each team/making the field smaller...whatever..something like that...Any semblance of the better team winning.

This is only an idea to appease Americans because obviously, the rest of the world seems to have no problem with it/ tolerates it.
Cool Teacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Legend wrote:
I want to like soccer as I just love sports in general (I'm from America) . I really do...but I cannot get past the constant flopping and games decided by penalty kicks...For the record...Tim Howard was on the popular Mike and Mike sports radio show and he said that one of the Mike's (overweight, probably close to 50 years old) would definitely get lucky more than a couple times out of a 100 on a penalty kick. And this is how to the World Cup will eventually be decided? Makes no sense to me.

Penalty kicks are really considered the best way to end a game? Granted , I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to soccer...but I know sports and to me...a better outcome would be taking away a couple players from each team/making the field smaller...whatever..something like that...Any semblance of the better team winning.

This is only an idea to appease Americans because obviously, the rest of the world seems to have no problem with it/ tolerates it.

As winston chruchill said, penalty kciks are the worst way to resolve a drawn game after extra time in the wrodl cup except for all the other alternatives. Wink

Actually I think the two Holland PKs showed that tactics can work in PKs. In the Costa Rica game, Holland had good tactics and in the Argentina game very bad tactics. Laughing

Cool
johnslat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Germany's the World Cup Champ - Deutschland über Alles. But it was closer than I'd thought it'd be: Germany:1 - Argentina: 0

Regards,
John
JoeKing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnslat wrote:
Well, Germany's the World Cup Champ - Deutschland über Alles. But it was closer than I'd thought it'd be: Germany:1 - Argentina: 0

Regards,
John
In another thread I predicted it would be 1-0 but with Argentina the victors. Anyway, I figured it would be close.
fat_chris

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: Who will win the 2014 FIFA World Cup? Reply with quote

fat_chris wrote:
I say Germany--they break the hold on South America that South American teams have had and on 13 July 2014 in Rio they win their 4th Cup.

This. (retroactive to December 2013)

Cool

Warm regards,
fat_chris
Shroob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Who will win the 2014 FIFA World Cup? Reply with quote

shroob wrote:
I think Germany will win the 2014 world cup. They'll be in the final against Argentina. It will be close, probably extra time but the Germans will score in the 113th minute. If I had to guess I'd say Gotze.

From 2008. See, I can do it too!

Laughing Rolling Eyes
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
damn_my_eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:
I have made a small investment with Messrs Ladbrokes (bookmaker) that GERMANY will be the outright winner. 5/1

What are you going to spend the winnings on?
Larry Legend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn_my_eyes wrote:
scot47 wrote:
I have made a small investment with Messrs Ladbrokes (bookmaker) that GERMANY will be the outright winner. 5/1

What are you going to spend the winnings on?

Translation: how much did you win?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: