Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Opening one's own class/school

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wayne1523

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Opening one's own class/school Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

I'd like to ask what are the legal procedures of aspiring to open one's own class or school as a foreigner in Taiwan. In my case, I am Canadian and want to try this in Taichung or Taipei. My idea is actually to rent out or buy some free space in a building. Nothing too major yet. Just one or two rooms with decent size and space and renovate them. Max 10 to 12 people per class. Do I need permanent residency? Do I need a local? Hopefully I don't need to be married to anyone to try this.

http://www.center.kl.edu.tw/v7/eduweb/index.php?func=law&act=ShowForm&law_id=45

This link (written in Chinese that someone briefly translated for me) suggests that you need a combination of permanent residency while having a local for registration. That is bad news to me, but I am not sure when this piece was published, and how legitimate it is. Can anyone confirm with more updated information with links or sources provided? I'm having trouble finding anything official.

Thank you all. I am going to post something of similarity on the Vietnam forum since that would be an alternative.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: