Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching in Adana???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miss smarty

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Teaching in Adana??? Reply with quote

Hi,

I am an American female who is currently teaching in Istanbul. However, I am getting really tired of the city. I was offered a job in Adana. My Turkish friends think I am crazy for even considering Adana. Has anyone ever taught there?

Thanks
red_hibiscus

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there. I hope I'm not too late to comment your post.

I have two things to mention here: I have an acquaintance who teaches in Adana and she loves it there as the pace is pretty relaxing, cost of living is considerably inexpensive and it's a comfortable place to live in. She teaches in Oxford Adana. Those who love big city like Istanbul wouldn't like the idea of staying in Adana, with reference to your Turkish friends but if you want a change of ambiance, it will be worth a shot. I can give her contact details in order for you to liaise with her if you like. She's absolutely friendly Smile

Secondly, I was wondering the age of students you are teaching in Istanbul and if you are planning to leave your current post, have you found someone to take over your place? I am seeking an English teaching job in Istanbul and can teach from children to adults and have MSc in TESOL with a 3 year teaching experience. I was invited for a job interview in Istanbul (private school) earlier this year but had to leave the country due to personal matter and now foolishly regretted it.

Anyway, let me know how it works for you. Good luck! Very Happy
acteach

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: teaching in adana Reply with quote

hello.. I have been offered a job and I'm trying to figure out about house (read flat/ apartment) rentals in Adana.. has anyone had any experience house hunting or about costs/ neighborhoods..
what is the place like? please share your thoughts as I am trying to decide if this is a good offer.
Redcar24

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: acteach Reply with quote

I have a flat in Gazi Pasha Park Adana that I wish to share please contact me....
Redcar24

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Flat to share in Gazi Pasha Park Reply with quote

If there is an English teacher looking for a flat share I have a flat to share 3 bedrooms 1 1/2 baths centrally located on restaurant row very close to TED Adana in Gazi Pasha Park please PM me asap ........or go to Expats.com Adana house share and you will find my Advert.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: