Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"ESL Asia is now WorkInAsia. Beware."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ajia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: "ESL Asia is now WorkInAsia. Beware." Reply with quote

I found this posting on another site :

"Greetings.
I am posting this message to inform everyone that Paul Adler's scam 'company' ESL Asia is in the process of changing to a new 'company' called WorkInAsia which also goes by the name ThaiJobPlacements... and probably another number of names. He has a new web site, a new phone number, and is using a new name, Micheal Simpson.

Thai Job Placements
Web - www.geocities.com/WorkInAsia
E-mail - [email protected]
Ph # - 66-04-003-7232

Other email addresses he is using are: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected]

How do I know this is the same company? Simple actually, I set up a new email address under a different name and sent a message to ESL Asia looking for a job a month ago hoping to find out there newest address. I stated in the letter that I had sent my resume (which I had never done). I only sent a letter to ESL Asia no other job recruitment companies. One month later I receive a letter from Thai Job Placements using the same format that ESL Asia had used when they scammed my back in May. Check out Beware of ESL Asia (II)- a posting on this discussion group- ESL Teachers Board.

They are still around, spread the word. I'll keep on doing what I can.

Patricia Rath"
joncharles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd think he is reading these forums and acting accordingly. Not long ago he started using Jobs Japan. Since he is defrauding people internationally, you'd think maybe INTERPOL would get involved. I wonder if there is a section in the United Nations that deals with these kinds of cases.
gugelhupf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These scumbags must have a postal address somewhere in Thailand where victims are asked to send their documents.

It must surely cost very little in a country like Thailand to pay a couple of street thugs to go round and break someone's legs.

The two sentences above are unconnected observations, and the author in no way wishes to suggest that the two sentences should be combined.
Ciara

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's the deal with this company?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: