Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BC/IELTS work and/or a quality job in Penang?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Malaysia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theoriginalprankster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: BC/IELTS work and/or a quality job in Penang? Reply with quote

After a tiring ten years in China and three before that in Taiwan I'm keen to move on and up.

In Taiwan I primarily taught children. In China mostly university (oral English and Journalism) and adults.

I'm also an IELTS examiner (have been for four years).

I recently visited Penang and Lankawi, with no time to visit KL. I rather liked Penang and could see myself living there (in China I lived in Xiamen, also an island).

However Malaysia offers a lot more cultural diversity and is far less homogenous than China. It also helps that it's not a communist-run country.

I made good money and lived a comfy lifestyle in China, but certain aspects of living there got to me - the staring, spitting, general sheeple thinking.

Back on topic - at this time of year is it easy enough to get a position at BC Penang (teaching and/or examining) or another reputable school/institution?

I will fill in the necessary BC forms and email them and/or call their Penang office.

However, any other advice and tips would be welcome.

I believe I need a criminal clearance certificate from either my home country (takes two months!) and perhaps country last worked in (China). Is that correct?

Have I missed the boat in terms of that time of year when recruitment is done?

I look forward to your replies (either here or in a PM). If you know of schools recruiting that would be great too!

(only interested in Penang, methinks KL would be too big for my liking)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Malaysia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: