Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An inquiry aimed at Educators on disability welfare

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Australia/New Zealand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elegantstatue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: An inquiry aimed at Educators on disability welfare Reply with quote

We get old as the clock ticks away. Some of you are more or less fortunate or successful than myself. I am on a disability pension and am considering teaching in China for six months to a year, but I do not want to relinquish my disability pension, the pension covers my rental where I live. I would like to take the risk by staying on it while working in China. Realistically the money earned in China is very low, if I decided to cancel my pension I would not be able to live adequately in China, and pay my rent and utilities while I am absent. I am curious to know if any of you older risk takers have done what I am considering, or are doing it. I know what the consequences are if Centrelink discover I have been away for more than the decreed six week period permitted for absence. If any of you reading this are in a position to explain bare facts and experiences that would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
ESLAUST

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, I hope one of those racist Aussies you keep telling us about doesn't dob you in for welfare fraud... you know, because they're racists and everything.
Elegantstatue

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ESLAUST"]Gee, I hope one of those racist Aussies you keep telling us about doesn't dob you in for welfare fraud... you know, because they're racists and everything.[/quote]

Hello moral police officer. So you have three professional qualifications? You are a psychologist, a Centrelink employee and an educator. You have a Masters in philosophy too. You must be highly esteemed in your community.
Last message you left on another thread you implied, through your typically self-righteous knowledge of social and racial relations, you are a psychologist.

You are incorrect in assuming I am trying to take advantage or abusing welfare. The salaries are so low in Asia they would barely cover my rent and utilities in Australia, if I got off the disability pension. Would you like me to tell you my disabilities? I have two, but I still have my eyesight. I am a qualified teacher of ESL but I can't find a job in Australia. The salaries of a full time teacher in Asia are the equivalent to welfare payments.

If you did your maths, which I have done already, there is no way I could live in Asia with their local salary. I would be saving very little. The point of it all is not to save money, it's to have a break from 'Straya'.

What part of Australia do you live in? And why are you assuming I am trying to cheat the system? Self righteous Anglo-Saxon Dr of epistemology.
ESLAUST

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to take a break away from 'straya while illegally defrauding its welfare system.

Sounds to me like you're a little conflicted there.

And why do I think you're attempting to defraud the system? Because you say precisely that in your first post.

Elegantstatue wrote:
Anglo-Saxon

What a stunning assumption. I think you may have your own issues with racism.
Elegantstatue

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ESLAUST"]You want to take a break away from 'straya while illegally defrauding its welfare system.

And why do I think you're attempting to defraud the system? Because you say precisely that in your first post.

[quote="Elegantstatue"]Anglo-Saxon[/quote]

What a stunning assumption. I think you may have your own issues with racism.[/quote][quote][/quote][b][/b]

[color=green][/color]

So now you are a moral police officer, go ahead and contact a current affairs. You sound very bored with your life and have nothing better to do than lecture people on proprieties. Me conflicted? Maybe you are, I don't feel conflicted, pray tell me how I am conflicted, Mr Psychologist.
Now I am attempting to defraud the system! I have not committed anything illegal yet, it is all theory. I have my issues with racism? Are you me? Since when did you become me to know me better than you? I would be interested in meeting the stunning assumption you talk of, she must be beautiful!
Elegantstatue

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Elegantstatue"][quote="ESLAUST"]You want to take a break away from 'straya while illegally defrauding its welfare system.

[quote="Elegantstatue"]Anglo-Saxon[/quote]

What a stunning assumption. I think you may have your own issues with racism.[/quote][quote][/quote][b][/b]

[color=green][/color]

So now you are a moral police officer, go ahead and contact a current affairs. You sound very bored with your life and have nothing better to do than lecture people on proprieties. Me conflicted? Maybe you are, I don't feel conflicted, pray tell me how I am conflicted, Mr Psychologist.
Now I am attempting to defraud the system! I have not committed anything illegal yet, it is all theory. I have my issues with racism? Are you me? Since when did you become me to know me better than you? I would be interested in meeting the stunning assumption you talk of, she must be beautiful![/quote][quote][/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Australia/New Zealand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: