Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First time ESL teacher, need help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlanman4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: First time ESL teacher, need help Reply with quote

I am considering teaching abroad for the first time, and have a few questions and would just like to hear as much first hand experience as possible. I am considering Costa Rica and Chile at the moment. I have bachelors degree in finance, no actual teaching experience but I have two years of coaching on my resume. OK, so a few questions:

1) Is a CELTA certification necessary? Is a TESL certification adequate? Do I even need a TESL?

2) How is the safety in Chile? Compared to Costa Rica if you have that experience.

3) Seems getting on the ground and hunting for a job is the best way? Can I set up a job prior to getting there?

4) I know little spanish but would definitely try to improve that before i left, how crucial is it to landing a job over there?

5) I am considering becoming a teacher in FL, would getting my teaching certificate benefit me in landing a job and negotiating pay?

Any extra tidbits of info you have would be extremely helpful. Thanks so much! feel free to PM me as well with anything. I have posted this same post in the Costa Rica forum as well, just FYI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Chile All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: