Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Proof Positive Why Chinese Job Recruiters Cannot Be Trusted
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Kong

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckeye Bob wrote:
The_Kong wrote:
Bud Powell wrote:
Buckeye Bob wrote:

Okay Kong, if YOU had to use a recruiter or agent, what is the quicker more effective way YOU would check their legitimacy?

I'm not Kong, but I did stay in a LaQuinta a few months ago.

If one does his homework, reads the various agents' websites, reads several forums, reads the CHINESE CONSULATE PAGE ABOUT VISAS, and subscribes to recruiting services, he gets a pretty good idea of how some of these operations work.

There's no formula for intuition and no substitute for doing one's homework.

Some people won't take a bus to the next city in their home countries to investigate a job until they call and get answers to their questions (if they ask or go at all), yet they'll sign a contract to work a job in a foreign country whose culture is VERY foreign from their own, ask few questions regarding the legality of their work status, then complain when they get burned when they get there.

Ain't that sumpin' ?

This thread needs to be flushed too.

Yup, that's what I'd do if I were to use a recruiter. I would heavily advise against someone using a recruiter if they can avoid it.

Contacting schools directly would be my first choice, although I did use a great recruiting agency my first year. Footprints recruiting from Canada.

Hot damn! We finally agree on something here. Recruiters are not needed at all.

Not what I said, read my post again.

Damn, I said I wasn't going to respond anymore, my bad...last one...I promise Smile
NiHaoDaJia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In every country, there are honest people and some dishonest people. It is equally possible to be cheated in China or in my country, America, as well as all other countries in the world. So, we should not generalize, but just check the situation carefully no matter where we are. As teachers, if we follow China's established rules and do not cause any conflicts, we can have a great time in China.
maxand

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NiHaoDaJia wrote:
In every country, there are honest people and some dishonest people. It is equally possible to be cheated in China or in my country, America, as well as all other countries in the world. So, we should not generalize, but just check the situation carefully no matter where we are. As teachers, if we follow China's established rules and do not cause any conflicts, we can have a great time in China.

every coin has two sides, isnt that right, zhongguo ren? Laughing
wangdaning

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NiHaoDaJia wrote:

What are the "established" rules. Every contract I have had said my employer should tell me, but if I ask they don't know Laughing Laughing Laughing
Buckeye Bob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wangdaning wrote:
NiHaoDaJia wrote:

What are the "established" rules. Every contract I have had said my employer should tell me, but if I ask they don't know Laughing Laughing Laughing

You can get the regulations governing foreign employment from two places, and probably never from a Chinese employer (the last thing they want is a troublemaker teacher citing laws and regulations). You can send email requests to:

[email protected]

[email protected]

Be sure you ask for the English version. SAFEA will take a month to answer you and the CFTU about a week.
The_Kong

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckeye Bob wrote:
wangdaning wrote:
NiHaoDaJia wrote:

You can get the regulations governing foreign employment from two places, and probably never from a Chinese employer (the last thing they want is a troublemaker teacher citing laws and regulations). You can send email requests to:

[email protected]

[email protected]

Be sure you ask for the English version. SAFEA will take a month to answer you and the CFTU about a week.

Ok, I've sent e-mails to both, let's see who responds first shall we?
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTFU took over a year to get back to me when I volunteered to help them out before I knew what they were doing.
likwid_777

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are they doing, exactly? What is the sinister agenda? Is the crime simply being annoying?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The_Kong

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

likwid_777 wrote:
What are they doing, exactly? What is the sinister agenda? Is the crime simply being annoying?

The most pervasive theory is that they are really just a type of protection/extortion racket, selling spots on a supposed ’white list‘ or the ability to removed from a 'black list‘ for a sum.

At the very least they are an illegal organization who are way too secretive about who is in the group (because apparently former group leadership had their visas not renewed - because it's an illegal group).

So, at their worst it's an extortion racket, at the best it's an illegal group that could get you deported and/or have your visa not renewed.
The_Kong

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckeye Bob wrote:

[email protected]

[email protected]

I like how you linked one and not the other, and also SAFEA provides the folllowing e-mail on their website as well:

Along with their address, telephone and fax number.

Can you provide the same information for your shadowy illegal organization?

Add:Room 50307 No.1 South Zhongguancun Street
Tel:86-10-68948899 Fax:86-10-68468006
Email:[email protected]
Buckeye Bob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Kong wrote:
Buckeye Bob wrote:

[email protected]

[email protected]

I like how you linked one and not the other, and also SAFEA provides the folllowing e-mail on their website as well:

Along with their address, telephone and fax number.

Can you provide the same information for your shadowy illegal organization?

Add:Room 50307 No.1 South Zhongguancun Street
Tel:86-10-68948899 Fax:86-10-68468006
Email:[email protected]

Just a note that the address you posted for SAFEA is their old address. Their current address is Building 6 of the Friendship Hotel Complex in Haidian District. I have no organization in China and would never taunt the government here by creating one. Why don't you try Kong and let us know what happens?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: